Fourth Questionset for Questions on Forefathers...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Fourth Questionset for Questions on Forefathers...

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:33 pm

l33tmeatwad's Ego wrote:
Question 1 wrote:Who's your favorite editor(s)?
l33tmeatwad
Question 2 wrote:What can you tell me about your favorite editor as an editor and/or a person?
He's legend.....wait for it.....dary! Legendary!
Question 3 wrote:Who was your biggest mentor, or who was the closest thing to a mentor you had?
l33tmeatwad
Question 4 wrote:What editors are or were the biggest influences to your work?
Question 4a wrote:How exactly did they influence you? What qualities present in your work can you trace back to those editors?
l33tmeatwad by just being awesome
Question 5 wrote:What outside of the online vidding community has influenced your work?
Question 5a wrote:How has it influenced your work?
God, the only one that is more awesome than l33tmeatwad!
Question 6 wrote:Who are some influential people in AMVs and what are they responsible for?
l33tmeatwad and he is responsible for everything awesome!
Question 7 wrote:Are there any somewhat unrecognized editors you wish to promote for any reason?
Question 7a wrote:Umm...seriously? Why that person(s)?
Shin, he's such a n00b :bear:
Question 8 wrote:Any of you old seasoned editors wanna give some advice on anything?
Trade secret :bear:
Question 9 wrote:Is there anything else related to this subject you'd like to add or any questions you think should be asked as well?
Nope :bear:
Question 10 wrote:How can the noob below you improve on his editing? NO CHANGING ANSWERS!
By following l33tmeatwad's example and just being plain legendary!
:up: True Story!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:13 am

ukms[z], Tana-sama, Tayo, Vann, Wormwood, NightPunisher, Derisor and some others
Question 2 wrote:What can you tell me about your favorite editor as an editor and/or a person?
Tana-sama
Her work is flawless and detailed. She is able to capture her audience, and draws you in with each work - more creative and deeper than the last. But it doesn't just stop there - Tana is also very kind, thoughtful and willing to aid others regardless of where they come from (ie. someone like me ='3).
Tayo, Vann, ukms[z], NightPunisher, Derisor
Their drama videos are amazing, and each take steps I find editors now-a-days don't. They are deep, or even deeper than deep. Good, sentimental, and just everything I personally look for in AMVs. They really draw out the raw moods and emotions making you feel like you are there taking part in their AMVs.
Wormwood
Stands on a different plan of psychedelic than many others. My favourite work from him is "Another Day". Not only to you get to see the emotion and atmosphere of the story of Gankutsuou, but he brings about psychedelic elements that leave you feeling both odd and pleased at the same time. Amazing he is.

Question 3 wrote:Who was your biggest mentor, or who was the closest thing to a mentor you had?
Overture
Question 4a wrote:How exactly did they influence you? What qualities present in your work can you trace back to those editors?
ukms[z]
Since I first seen Reflections I have wanted to create something just as meaningful as that. He has driving me into who I am now as an editor, my style and even the type of AMVs I want to make. If I hadn't come across his AMV that one day on YouTube, I probably would not be editing still.
Tana-Sama
Her ideas. Seeing the ideas she can come up with, and make; really makes me want to push my boundaries. Making something just as good or even better.
Wormwood
How he can twist drama into psychedelic and back.

I don't think I have any of their qualities in my work yet - but maybe one day when I create something awesome =p
Question 5 wrote:What outside of the online vidding community has influenced your work?
Art & Graphic Design - just my yearning to create and be artistic. My style in this area is very similar to my style in AMVs.
Question 6 wrote:Who are some influential people in AMVs and what are they responsible for?
My influential people are above ^ and those are who I look forward to when wanting something new, and different.
Question 7 wrote:Are there any somewhat unrecognized editors you wish to promote for any reason?
Overture - because he is as good as his work shows and more. He may be slow or lazy with editing but when his work comes out its amazing. He know how to pay attention to detail, be creative, and original. Whenever he tells me about an idea he has its fresh, new, and just what anyone could order with imagination.
Question 8 wrote:Any of you old seasoned editors wanna give some advice on anything?
N/A
Question 9 wrote:Is there anything else related to this subject you'd like to add or any questions you think should be asked as well?
Everyone likes what they like =''3. I also think my inspiration comes most from the French & Russian Communities as they really bring about something different and eye catching for me.
Question 10 wrote:How can the noob below you improve on his editing? NO CHANGING ANSWERS!
Hmm, I don't think I should give advice but just pay attention to criticism, other AMVs and learn from it.

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:52 am

Koopiskeva.
I don't Koopiskeva personally, so I can't tell you anything about him as a person, but I can say he's an amazing editor. He makes my favorite genre of videos (generally) and he's editing is perfect.
Many people helped me to improve, so I don't have a specific mentor.
My favorite friend, Choporin, teach me to don't overused effects. Koopiskeva teach me the same thing, plus he teach me to express the emotions in my videos. Nostromo teach that videos with good atmosphere are a nice view, and Qwaqa teach me that the effort is an amazing thing. This is what came out from watching their best videos.
My parents and my brother. They surely influenced my work. They didn't exactly understand what editing is in the first place, but when they understood how much work it takes, they began to appreciate it.
Same people I've said before.
Choporin, she's an amazing editor and person. OkamiRvS, 'cause he's really talented.
I'm not a old seasoned editors, so I can't say anything about it.
No questions come in my mind. So I guess it's perfect the way it is.
Watch a lot of GOOD AMVs and learn the programs.

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:54 am

Qwaqa, Cross/fade, Koopiskeva, Nostromo, Kyros.
The only one who I know personally and really well is Kyros, who's one of my best friend around here and one of my studio's mates. He's just a great and humble guy, and I love his editing.
About Cross/fade, I've never had big conversations with him, but reading his posts and his replies to my opinions, I think he's a pretty friendly guy who I want to know better.
I've never talked with qwaqa, Nostromo or Koopiskeva, so I can't say anithing about them.
I've mostly learned from my self, and with several advices from various people I met, but I've never had a mentor.
Well I'm pretty influenced from all those video (mostly French) which use masks as transitions, but not from a specific editor. However I've always loved the camera movements of Kyros, and Karusman07 influenced me in the use of colorations (he thaught me several tips in things like this).
Not something specific, depends from time to time.
I mostly agree with [key]Scarlet on this point.
[key]Scarlet: She has done great AMVs with great stories, and she is in costantly improvement. Take a look to her video!
[key]Scarlet wrote:Karusman07: he's a talented editor and he makes great AMVs, but despite he's already well known on Youtube, internationally he isn't recognized as much as he deserves.
x2 :bear:
Take it easy. :bear:
No :aimkissyface:
He can't.
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Hard for me to say, but if I had to say I would probably say Chiikaboom.
I haven't had a chance to really talk to her personally at all, so I can't really say, but just from the bits I've seen in her descriptions and posts she really keeps the fun aspect of AMVs in mind and you can feel that kind of passion in her AMVs.
I don't think I've had a direct mentor, but I meticulously watched and broke down a lot of videos from alot of different great editors including, but not limited to, Ileia, Nostromo, Kain-x-Spirits, Chiikaboom, Koopiskeva, Vlad, Kevin Caldwell, Pink Haze, Cross/fade, DN@, Zetzu, Padre and many more.
See above. Mostly though Nostromo is great to study for flow, Ileia is insane with internal sync, Chiikaboom is good with consistent mood/themes, Kain-x-spirits and DN@ are pretty amazing with transitions just to give a very brief summary.
I look up film concepts/techniques from movies and studied some basic film theory in college so things like match cutting/sequencing kinda transferred over.
There are a lot. I dunno if I can really add anybody that hasn't already been said by another person already, so just see above.
Uhmmmmmm...... GuntherAMVs cause she's adorable and people should get to know her.
Pacotacoshell cause he keeps churning out AMVs like clockwork and you can really see the enjoyment he puts into each one and his growth as an editor from one amv to the next.
Snapxynith cause he has a keen eye for the technical and makes pretty enjoyable stuff, and a great Beta tester.
I'm not seasoned enough to give any advice really. If you pour passion and enthusiasm into your work it'll really translate into something enjoyable for others even if it might be technically flawed.
I dunno. not really.
Ken Burns Effect. Use it for light action/static scenes to help make it more dynamic and keep things engaging.

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:31 pm

*flails around thread* ZOMG, I'M ANSWERING FUN QUESTIONS~!
--
Oh, well, you know OwO.. The usual suspects: Shin (derp), Ileia, Yue, Chiikaboom, Nostromo, Cross/fade, sinycaterina, AimoAio, JazzVids~~.. Plus lots more~.. My eyes get all sparkly when I watch their videos :DD
Oh, well-.. *looks up at enormous list*... er~.. They're all really friendly people <3
And they edit with their hearts, with incredible sync, and usually with really original concepts. Things that make me laugh, or things that touch my heart. When I watch their videos, I feel like I come away learning something every time :3
MENTOR PSHHHHHHHH. I IS A BEAST WHO NEEDS NO ME-
Ahh, just kidding ^_^.. I'm sure you all know him as resident Mr. Editor of the Year (aka. The Loli King) xP
Jazzy: first real AMVs I ever saw ^_^.. Gave me a feeling of the art
Ileia and Cross/fade: Concepts = amaaaaaaazing~
Shin: transitions and scene selection.... and lip sync~
AimoAio: DA MOOD, YO~

Each time I watch these guys, I try to ask myself, "Now, why are my eyes burning out of my head from the sheer awesome?" .... Then I attempt to answer it and use what I find to fuel my own editing :3
HAYAO MIYAZAKI.. Simply because I love him and his heart-warming films :pizza: (random pizza slice of approval)
Also--music!.. When I hear a song I like, I start to make up music videos in my head. So then I want to do it for real~.. on a computer.. and do fun stuffz with clips :3
Nostromo and Chiikaboom = King and Queen of founding the art of AMV editing (as far as I know xDD)
*super flowery huggle to the Org* I hope this isn't hippish/communist of me, but I hope everyone gets the recognition they want and deserve~.. All I seem to know are fairly popular editors (cuz I'm some sort of celebrity-troller who sneaks into 5-star Skype chat zones OwO)

Also, Meatwad's Ego. It has yet to edit a full AMV on its own, but from what I understand, it's the leading genius behind all of Meatwad's current projects~.. Cheers to the Ego, in hopes we see a full AMV from it soon! *raises martini glass*
:beer: (but we get a beer emote, because there is no martini one OwQ)
>.>....... <.<..... Well.. I'm not very old or seasoned, but here's my advice to all of you: Never have the following conversation:
(WHILE WALKING ALONG ON COLLEGE CAMPUS)
Boy: .... nice lunchbox.
Girl: *looks down at pink lunch bag* Oh, thanks! My mom packs it~ OwO
Boy: ... *smirk* ... *walks away* ...
Girl: ^^?..... O_O..... T____________T
Girl's friends: *patting back*.. It's okay. He probably thought you were joking..
*facepalm*
Lunch boxes are eco-friendly, handy in a rush, and it's cheaper than buying from the overpriced, germ-ridden college cafe!.. So don't knock the box, yo~ :awesome:
..................... *slides Staples Easy button across the table* ........

--
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:33 am

The favourite one is Cross/fade, for sure. But I also enormously admire work of Shin, Ileia, Koopiskeva, qwaqa.
I can't say anything about them as about people, because I have no idea who they are in personal life :D. But, as it goes for Cross/fade, the thing is that for some time each single time I've seen his video for the first time, I've heard my favourite song in it and it was edited exactly the way I think it should be. As for the rest: they're simply awesome!
I wouldn't say there is one or a few editors I'd consider as a mentor. I'm just learning by watching all the cool videos around here and I can't say that particular person taught me particular things.
From Cross/fade- simple editing, from AimoAio- sync, Padre- visuals, Kosmit- I'd love my videos to be as clear as his.
That would be film soundtracks. I could sit for the whole day, listening to those and imagining the video with them or what was happening on the screen at that moment.
As far as I know very famous people are Chiikaboom, Nostromo, Ileia, Koopiskeva. Even some of my classmates know some of their AMVs. So I think they're kind of representatives of AMV world to the general community.
I have no idea how people here are recognizable and I can't really think of anyone who I think is not popular and I'd promote them. That's probably because all the editors I know about seem famous to me :D
anything?
Don't play old pianos if you're not sure it's perfectly working- it can kill you, seriously.
What I'd like t add is : YOU, EDITORS, ARE AWESOME!
They're awesome. They know what to do.

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:47 am

My favourite editors are Cross/Fade , Nostromo , Kain-x-Spirits , ScorpionsUltd
I do not know anything about them.
But Cross/Fade from seeing how to write a few posts, seems like a nice person

I must say the truth
as I was at first no more individual :shock:
then over time other climbers are met, with whom I share this passion again, and we help each other
Internal influences (Rising Production)
Diegao94 , [Key]Scarlet , Nihilant01 , Karusman07
I always help me, when I start a new amv.
When it relates to external influences
Surely the French amv (which inspired me a little regarding the editing style)
Nothing Specific
They are part of an agreement on what was said [Key]Scarlet
Diega94 : because I really like anime and song combines
Erien is the main example

Karusman07: I think it's a great talent
has an editing style that would not envy anyone
unfortunately not attend a-m-v.org and other forums, so it is little known

[Key]scarlet : I really like how she conceives of the stories (which she created in the amv)
and continues to grow, the hope becomes a "amv maker girl" more good
Right now I can not think of anything :rofl:
No :bzz2:
Just edit to pass the time on your PCs having fun, trying not to overlook the tecnical part too much and trust people with more experience, so as to improve your style and find better AMVs. [cit. My self XDXDXDXDXD] :awesome:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Ileia is insane with internal sync

(ooga booga booga)
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Firstly: qyll, Nessephanie
and in no particular order: Osnar, Zetzu, Overture, qwaqa, JadeCharm
I know nothing of them besides what they write on their profiles or anywhere else.
None.
Nessephanie's Illuminate My Heart is the only amv in which I can distinctly remember seeing her white/glowy/blurry/thresholdy fade-outs and trying to replicate that for the first time in my amvs. That was yeaaaaars back, and the only editor/amv I can recall that literally influenced my amvs. VegettoEX, gambitt, and MeriC's Never Fall Apart also contributed to this obsession.

However, when it comes to sync, various amvs I have used as an example to find some of the more interesting cuts. The first amv to do this was The Air In My Lungs by Mailificus, but there's also all of qyll's amvs, scarab's target up, Overture's Farewell, and so on. I can literally name my amv inspirations for days, though the only quality present in my work which was directly influenced by another editor is Nessephanie's glowy fade thing (and that's not really directly seen in any of my videos, just normal white glowy fade things.)

Some smaller contributions:
I've become more conscious of crossfades after hearing Zetzu's philosophy on them, but I still tend to use them a bit.
Overture has inspired me to mess around with more effects, you could say, but I still prefer raw-er styles.

And of course there's all those little amvs which I can't remember but probably led to my experimentation in different genres, trying out different effects, etc.
Nothing really. I get inspiration from all sorts of outside sources, but nothing that really influences me.
I really don't know, I don't pay attention to that.
Not really anyone on the org, but some youtube editors: Ellechiii, Clover and M0oranshi have solidly edited and entertaining videos, which is reason enough.
I've been editing for quite longer than people think I have, but I don't think I'm "seasoned."
Nope.
Watch good amvs and learn, or don't, and see what you can come up with by yourself; both methods are just as well.
Image Image

Return to “General AMV”