Eureka Seven AO

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Eureka Seven AO

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 am

ANN wrote:The story is set on Okinawa's isolated island of Iwado, which has seen a growing movement advocating a return to an autonomous government. Fukai Ao, a 13-year-old boy with a missing father, lives on the island with an old doctor named Toshio and is about to enter middle school. Ao's mother was taken away a decade ago by unknown individuals. Arata Naru, Ao's 13-year-old childhood friend and the story's heroine, lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She has a Yuta power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young.

A mysterious entity called Secret suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. In his fervent desire to protect the island, Ao launches a certain military FP called Nirvash aboard a Japanese military transport.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Eureka Seven AO

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:18 am

I don't really have expectations for this, but some of you do, so eh... whatever. I don't really trust BONES anymore; not like I ever really did.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:10 am

Oook or you could just make a new topic entirely. *shrugs* Thats fine, though. xD

Anyways, I found episode 1 to be enjoyable. Music and animation were nice (and nods to the original series were nice, like the 'To be continued!' at the end, and the episode being named after a song).
I really like Gazelle and I think Noah as a replacement to Gulliver is pretty much just as adorable. I look forward to episode 2!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:38 am

That other topic seemed to be a bit focused on the manga, so I thought it would have been a better idea to just give the anime its own thread. Not like discussion about PVs and "I wonder how the anime will be" would have been worth it, either. :bzz2:

TEKnician
Org Profile

Eureka Seven AO

Post by TEKnician » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:17 am

The first episode of E7 was better than this one.
Spoiler :
I couldn't get over the SUPER RANDOM EXPLOSION. I wanted the first sonic-rainboom to be caused by LOVE! (like how its SUPPOSED to be)

"aaa! I tripped over a grain of sand and let you pick up the secret thing you weren't supposed to see!"

"aah! I'm going to randomly faint just so you can hold me!"

"SONIC RAINBOOM! SONIC RAINBOOM! SONIC RAINBOOM!"

These events felt too forced. That and there's too many things going on. I want to know what Ao's NORMAL life is BEFORE you send him through hell.

And I'm terribly disappointed in the new light trails. It's too scattery. The original ones were like sharp waves. It seemed like that would be easier to animate, but apparently BONES decided to completely overhaul THAT too.

Although these new voice actors still sound pretty decent, their emphatic reactions seem dull at times. Renton could scream a lot better even if he sounded annoying as hell when he did.

Mechas r a lot bigger than I expected
Despite my disposition, I am obligated to finish this show without any regrets.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:52 pm

I wanted the first sonic-rainboom to be caused by LOVE! (like how its SUPPOSED to be)
I wondered about that; clearly something is wrong in the original E7verse for this to be happening, yeah? I'm 99% sure this is an alternate universe (the giveaway being the un-engraved moon shots in AO).
Also these 'Swells', I don't THINK, have seven rings around them like the original Seven Swell phenomenon should. (So, its incomplete?)

Also, its not necessarily always created 100% from love; remember the first Summer of Love with Adroc and Eureka? That was a forced phenomenon so the Ageha Project could further its research. Eureka didn't love Adroc (well, she didn't have ANY feelings then) so that one was triggered by experimentation between Eureka, the Nirvash, and a human partner.
So... its POSSIBLE these hunks of Scubs dropping from Portals (along with the G-Monsters, lame as their name is) are results of experiments in the original E7verse. If it is, they'd probably need Eureka and someone else (and currently, Eureka, as far as AO is concerned, has disappeared for unknown reasons). Who knows? (Hopefully the audience will eventually. :I)

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:17 am

EkaCoralian wrote:the first Summer of Love with Adroc and Eureka
Aww, Duh! Man, i feel stupid.
EkaCoralian wrote:So... its POSSIBLE these hunks of Scubs dropping from Portals (along with the G-Monsters, lame as their name is) are results of experiments in the original E7verse.
Then that means original earth must be full of them. :uhoh: I can't shake the feeling that they're actually chasing the scubs because they're like their natural enemies or something :? (as previously hypothesized by yours truly). Im doubtful that they target humans intentionally.

Also, can it be that the scubs are now choosing Ao as their mediator instead of Eureka? I mean, Sakuya
Spoiler :
was knocked off the list when she got incapacitated into a lotus blossom...thus forcing the scubs to birth Eureka in her stead. :book: Dun that mean Eureka technically can't do much now?
I wanna see some flashbacks to the space shuttle that brought the scubs to earth in the first place! Even though textbooks about world history from over 10,000 years ago might be hard to come across this far in the future
:book:---> :dino:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:17 am

I think I'll have to watch the episode again before I even begin to address any of those complaints. Too busy fanboying over it. (nope, lets go)

You guys gotta recognize, the fact that they even made this is great. The fact that they wanna take it in a new direction is cool with me. So long as you don't expect it to be the same show, we good.

Couple things though, faster paced (fewer episodes planned? haven't looked) not necessarily a bad thing but I really liked the "slow" pace of the old show, so... we'll see.

Parallels are cool. Parallels to the point of overkill (the movie) aren't. That's opinion, but I think they struck a happy medium. I even got a tiny chill when he saw the name in the bracelet at the end.

I've forgotten so much about "the lore" that I don't really know what's going on. Perhaps it's intentionally withheld info? Better than forcefeeding you background story. I about flipped a table when Poppo (not his name, looks like the guy from anohana lol) started saying "you should have learned this in school, blah blah blah" aka "now I'm going to talk directly at the audience" thankfully they combocanceled out of that one. I'll look it up on my own time thanks.

I dunno, I'm just so psyched outta my mind about this show right now! It's been a long long while since I was this excited about anything let alone an anime. (that says more about me than the show, but still)

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:39 am

Episode 2 was REALLY REALLY AWESOME. :'D Great fighting, fantastic animation etc.
Also the part
Spoiler :
when Ao has the flashback of Eureka dying her hair black to hide the turquoise color...
I swear to God; INCREDIBLY close to tearing up. Incredibly so. ;__;

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:52 pm

I guess I don't understand the timeline of this series. What the hell is going on lol.

Obviously in E7 we found out
Spoiler :
they're on earth but now it's the same countries? referencing the 1940s... I don't... I need to read a wiki I guess.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”