Fate/Zero

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Re: Fate/Zero

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 am

I didn't know saber's noble phantasm was a kind of starlight breaker haha. Awesome episode and no more caster yay

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:17 am

Kain-x-spirits wrote:no more caster yay
I'll miss him a little bit, though. He was seriously nuts, and his VA was amazing for what he gave to the character.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 am

Kain-x-spirits wrote:I didn't know saber's noble phantasm was a kind of starlight breaker haha. Awesome episode and no more caster yay
EkaCoralian wrote:Episode 15 had too much kickassery to handle. :up:
Also do I see a plotline between Gil and Saber coming up and ending in some epic battle? PLEASE MAKE IT SO.
I take it you guys have not seen fate/stay night, it was the original series and fate/zero is the prequel of it. I would recommend seeing fate/stay night right now because fate/zero is so awesome that fate/stay won't seem as good if you watch it after finishing fate/zero heh.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Jasta85 wrote:I take it you guys have not seen fate/stay night, it was the original series and fate/zero is the prequel of it. I would recommend seeing fate/stay night right now because fate/zero is so awesome that fate/stay won't seem as good if you watch it after finishing fate/zero heh.
I watched this serie 2 times (i dun even remember why i watched this a second times). It was so bad that i don't remember it well xD (except "people die if they are killed")

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Jasta85 wrote:
Kain-x-spirits wrote:I didn't know saber's noble phantasm was a kind of starlight breaker haha. Awesome episode and no more caster yay
Also do I see a plotline between Gil and Saber coming up and ending in some epic battle? PLEASE MAKE IT SO.
I take it you guys have not seen fate/stay night, it was the original series and fate/zero is the prequel of it. I would recommend seeing fate/stay night right now because fate/zero is so awesome that fate/stay won't seem as good if you watch it after finishing fate/zero heh.
I've seen Fate/Stay Night. That's why I was excited about the hints to the Gil/Saber tough-love duo, because Stay Night had that hinted when she fought him in the end.
Gil/Saber is bit of a guilty pleasure I guess because of Stay Night, so when he talked about it in Zero I was like 'Omg are they pulling this again? This early? Sweet!'

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:
I've seen Fate/Stay Night. That's why I was excited about the hints to the Gil/Saber tough-love duo, because Stay Night had that hinted when she fought him in the end.
Gil/Saber is bit of a guilty pleasure I guess because of Stay Night, so when he talked about it in Zero I was like 'Omg are they pulling this again? This early? Sweet!'
Spoiler :
From fate/stay night it was pretty one sided from what I remember. Gilgamesh wanted Sabre because he deemed her worthy enough to be his woman. He's pretty much an asshole about it the entire time, saying she's his property she just doesn't know it (he considers everything his property). This goes on until she kills him when he says something to the effect of "Some things are all the more beautiful because you cannot attain them."

I don't think Sabre ever had any affection for him, she didn't even like him because of his views on what it meant to be a king. it was just him wanting to get into her pants...erm, metal dress.

I think the only time she admired him was when she found out he managed to keep his sanity after having the grail dumped on him, something like he has such an enormous ego that even when drowned in pain, despair and madness he still managed to keep his sanity.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:51 am

I just sat there with my mouth wide open.

Spoiler :
I agree with Jasta85. Anyone who is watching Fate/Zero should watch Fate/Stay Night now before too late. Fate/Zero is getting way too epic compared to Fate/Stay night

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Episode 16
Emiya Kiritsugu handles his biznas.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 pm

outlawed wrote:Episode 16
Emiya Kiritsugu handles his biznas.
like a Baws
Spoiler :
This ep was pretty much the perfect depiction of the differences between chivalry in war and cold calculated decisions in order to win no matter the method. Kiritsugu was fricken badass (in a really evil mastermind way). Honestly, I was getting a little tired of Sabre and Lancer's mutual honor and chivalry quotes, but that ended pretty decisively. Lancer really got the short end of the stick in this war. A master who considers him a puppet and not even a person, the wife of his master going stalker on him, failing to protect either of them, and finally dying in probably the most humiliating way possible. I do feel sorry for him.

oh, and on a side note, Kirei is starting on his path to the dark side muwuahahahaha. I'm also happy berserker isn't out of the picture yet, gonna be some drama when Sabre finds out his identity.

But anyway, awesome stuff, only 3rd ep into the season and already more masters and servants have died than in the entire first season.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:17 am

Jasta85 wrote:
Spoiler :
dying in probably the most humiliating way possible. I do feel sorry for him.
x2

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”