FFVideoSource cannot load a 10bit h264 file

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
wilder
Org Profile

FFVideoSource cannot load a 10bit h264 file

Post by wilder » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 am

hello
I have the latest build of ffms2
the problem is I cannot load a lossless (--preset ultrafast -q0 -I1) 10bit h264 file (in mkv container)
I can load the file using directshowsource but the problem with DSS is the number of frames is incorrect
can anybody help?

also how can I open huffyuv file in avi container? I got the file using avs2yuv but I don't know how to open/use it

and can anyone suggest what is a good lossless codec ? except y4m, it's too big that 1 file can take up to 50GB!!!!!

thanks for any help appreciated

wilder
Org Profile

Re: FFVideoSource cannot load a 10bit h264 file

Post by wilder » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:18 am

update: I can open the file now. it's so magic

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:24 am

Related to your second question, the huffy output by avs2yuv is kinda broken (srsly, try avs2avi or something else instead) but usually avisource is fine in avisynth. As for lossless codecs, see UTVideo or Lagarith or FFV1 or VBLE, depending on your needs. I suppose I recommend them in that order, although if you know exactly what you're doing and how internals and some heavy video theory work, VBLE is the best option. If editing in Linux or a mac, try FFV1, or UTVideo if your app is in OSX and using QT. Y4M is just a raw YUV file with some headers (interlacing, framerate, resolution, AR) so technically not a codec as such.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:12 am

Good lossless codec eh, I work with UTvideo Clips but when i render my video I use the Lagarith Codecs.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:19 am

-Eake4- wrote:Good lossless codec eh, I work with UTvideo Clips but when i render my video I use the Lagarith Codecs.
I do the same thing because for some reason Vegas refuses to output anything sane when I try it with UTVideo.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Return to “AviSynth Help”