Accel World

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Accel World

Postby mirkosp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:18 am

ANN wrote:One autumn day in 2046, Haruyuki has an encounter with Kuroyuki-hime, the prettiest girl in his school. For the middle school boy who is often bullied, the meeting changes his life. Through a mysterious piece of software she gave him, Haruyuki learns about the existence of the virtual Accel World. It was after that fateful encounter that Haruyuki of the lowest school caste becomes Burst Linker, a courageous knight defending a princess.
mirkosp
MODkip

Re: Accel World

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:16 am

I read the manga, it's really good. I never read the original novel, but i expect great things from the anime. It will probably be my favorite this season \o/
Kain-x-spirits

Postby TritioAFB » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 am

A lot of Otakus recommended me yesterday this show. Gonna take a look
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby ibabrak » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:04 am

I too recommend it, I don't really like the design of the fighting menu or whatever it is but the rest is really cool. waiting for episode 3
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:54 am

weee love the first ep =3
Kuroyukihime is sooo cute im just watching to see her wings XD

but i think itll be one of my favourites
Chained(E)Studio

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:46 pm

liking this so far, animation in the accel world looks like stuff out of actual games which makes it more interesting. Think the only weakness so far is the corny lines the main character keeps spouting, other than that, good stuff.

End of ep 2: the real fight is about to begin ;p

btw, i think this is the first series I can think of where the main character is actually fat.
Jasta85

Postby kireblue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Just added this to the list of shows that I'm watching.
Jasta85 wrote:btw, i think this is the first series I can think of where the main character is actually fat.

yeah, I actually can't think of another anime with a fat main character.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Jasta85 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 pm

ep 4 actually surprised me a bit, in a good way

Spoiler :
It was pretty obvious that Kuroyukihime liked him but there unlike a lot of series which either make the main couple's relationship status a vague and painful affair, she completely declares her love for Haru in about the most definite way possible (sacrificing her dream and her life for him).

Then another thing which made me happy, I was starting to get sick of Haru for continuing to cry whine all the time, but he finally manned up and went all out to defend her. Character development, that's what I'm enjoying about this series.

Then the twist with his friend being their hidden enemy actually did surprise me, I thought it was going to be someone else but anyway, next ep is looking good.
Jasta85

Postby kireblue » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:41 am

Jasta85 wrote:ep 4 actually surprised me a bit, in a good way

Spoiler :
It was pretty obvious that Kuroyukihime liked him but there unlike a lot of series which either make the main couple's relationship status a vague and painful affair, she completely declares her love for Haru in about the most definite way possible (sacrificing her dream and her life for him).

Then another thing which made me happy, I was starting to get sick of Haru for continuing to cry whine all the time, but he finally manned up and went all out to defend her. Character development, that's what I'm enjoying about this series.

Then the twist with his friend being their hidden enemy actually did surprise me, I thought it was going to be someone else but anyway, next ep is looking good.

Spoiler :
I saw that plot twist coming a mile away. Who else would be able to install a backdoor without her knowing? The thing that surprised me was Kuroyukihime getting hit by that car. The best characters always get into the worst accidents :(
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby ibabrak » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:29 am

kireblue wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:ep 4 actually surprised me a bit, in a good way

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
I saw that plot twist coming a mile away. Who else would be able to install a backdoor without her knowing? The thing that surprised me was Kuroyukihime getting hit by that car. The best characters always get into the worst accidents :(

yeah,
Spoiler :
I actually thought it could be him since ep 3 where Haru and Taku talked on that bridge before Haru went to direct link with Chiyu

Anyway, this is really good, I might check out manga
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Kosmit » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:05 pm

This series is good stuff.
Spoiler :
I suspected something was off about Taku's behaviour. Is he haunting for points to win kendo tournaments?
Kosmit
Slippery Pole

Postby Jasta85 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:37 am

ep 5

Spoiler :
Good ep overall, loved Kuroyukihime's true form. lol and the laser show she unleashed when revealing it, I guess once you get to her level you get weapons of mass destruction.

I did get a bit annoyed out how Taku goes from complete jerk and then suddenly converts to the good side because of the miracle of friendship, it just felt really cheesy to me. It's probably because I've been reading manga with really hardass protagonists who completely destroy their opponents (achieving epic levels of awesomeness in the process) so seeing Haru crying (as always) and giving a speech on love and friendship sorta turned me off (way too many series with that already). Needs more badassery.
Jasta85

Postby ibabrak » Sat May 05, 2012 9:19 am

episode five was really beautiful (the part before he go the wings) and above else awesome
I hope this will have at least 26 episode if not more (6 knights have to be fought after all)
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Ep 5 was really good. It's even better than what i expected
ibabrak wrote:I hope this will have at least 26 episode if not more (6 knights have to be fought after all)

I think it's a 24 episodes long.
Kain-x-spirits

Postby ibabrak » Sun May 06, 2012 2:56 am

Kain-x-spirits wrote:I think it's a 24 episodes long.

That's a relief, I'm not ready to say goodbye to this just yet
Spoiler :
I wonder if she's gonna fight now as well. if so, who will stand a chance :awesome:
ImageImage
ibabrak

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion