Medaka Box: Abnormal

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Medaka Box: Abnormal

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:50 am

AniDB wrote:The battle between Kurokami Medaka and Unzen Myouri, leader of the Public Morals Committee, ends with Medaka's victory. However, this battle merely ignites the powder keg resulting from the mysterious Flask Plan.

Shiranui Hakama, Hakoniwa Academy's Chairman, and program director of the Flask Plan, continues his attempts to manipulate Medaka into furthering his goals. Central to his designs are the thirteen students of Class 13.
Sequel's out, original post under spoiler.
Spoiler :
AniDB wrote:Kurokami Medaka is an exceptional first year student at Hanokiwa Academy who got elected as president of the student council with a smashing 98% of the votes. Extremely intelligent, strong, and rich; she wants to help anyone in need. To do that, she introduces a suggestion box that allows any student to contact her. Later known as the Medaka Box, it will bring forth incredible challenges to Kurokami and her friends of the student council.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Medaka Box

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:51 am

I honestly don't know how far into the manga this Gainax adaptation will go, but the manga is pure meta-trolling.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:30 am

Haha i d'huile check te manga. I loved the 2 first eps. It's been a while i didn't watch something from gainax

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:06 am

This is actually pretty good. Love how the gender roles seem to be switched around a bit. Chick has some balls.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:43 pm

as an avid reader of the manga (before it went downhill, breaking the 4th wall in pretty much every chapter) I am enjoying the adaptation, although I wish the animation was a bit crisper. Guess I'm spoiled by the fate/zero and accel series. I just hope they actually have actual fighting in the action scenes and not just a bunch of still shots.

And they HAVE to at least get to Kumogawa arcs with this series, he becomes way too awesome later to leave him out.

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Currently in love with this show <3 :aimkissyface:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Medaka Box: Abnormal

Post by mirkosp » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Bump for sequel. The better stuff should start now.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm so happy they went for a second season, honestly the first one felt meh simply because it was almost all character introduction (and they don't even have the coolest characters introduced yet). And I'm so happy that they showed Kumogawa in the opening, I didn't think they would get to him until a possible season 3 but it looks like he'll be showing up after all.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 am

There should be flashback scenes, and I think he might make it in the last episode.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am

I need to finish the last 2 episodes of the last season before watching this.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”