Upotte!!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Upotte!!

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:00 am

AniDB wrote:The newly hired homeroom teacher, Genkoku, at Seishou Academy discovers that the female middle school students all have excellent marksmanship skills... and happen to be anthropomorphised international assault rifles:

There is short-tempered Funko (FNC, manufactured in Belgium's Fabrique Nationale), the proud, accurate Shigu (SIG SG550, Switzerlands's SIG company), the pitiful Eru (L85A1, UK's Royal Small Arms Factory), and the foul-mouthed, but caring Ichiroku (M16A4, American company, Colt) and Funko's best friend.

Reading various quite ominous signs in the academy's hallways: "Keep chamber empty in the school building", "Do not fire in the hallway", and "Keep your safety on at all times!" Genkoku is starting to wonder, what he is getting himself into.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Upotte!!

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:36 am

I admit, I chuckled with this. Nothing great but eh... somehow Xebec's light and short shows tend to be mildly enjoyable in the spare time for random lulz.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:40 pm

the first episode was silly and meh but the second one was rather enjoyable and if things go like this it cuold turn it really good show
ImageImage

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:31 am

This seemed pretty iffy at first, but I think I'm gonna stay for M14's puns.
Under Construction

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 pm

This show is basically Hetalia combined with Gunslinger Girl. Not sure if I'll watch this till the end, but I'll stick with it for now.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Whoever wrote this initially definitely did their homework. being in the military I did get some chuckles when they were talking about the different types of rifles and their personalities and in the beginning of the bath scene I was actually thinking that M16 should need a lot of CLP (lube) to clean, then she brings out a bottle of it.

Little disappointed they didn't have an AK-47, Russia needs some representation.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon May 07, 2012 1:02 am

This is turning out quite interesting rather quick. Quite educational as well, too. Definitely looking forward to the next few eps :bear:
Under Construction

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Was kinda bummed out this was only 10 eps too. Neat little series, was kinda hoping there'd be more m14 and her puns. If there ever were a second season I'd watch it.
Under Construction

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:34 am

8bit_samurai wrote:If there ever were a second season I'd watch it.
2x
It was nice little show :)
ImageImage

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Yeah, that was nice. First half was a bit slow, but i really enjoyed the 2nd half, and the end.
And shigu rules :awesome:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”