Big Dave Conlon

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Big Dave Conlon

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:04 pm

For those that knew or remember him, he passed away last night. He didn't make a ton of AMV's but he was definitely a big part of the community in the early 2000's at conventions and just being around everyone. He will be sorely missed and was one of my best friends for almost 20 years...

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=44841

NME
Org Profile

Re: Big Dave Conlon

Post by NME » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Rest in peace Big Dave :(

He will live forever through convention documentaries and our memories. IIRC he was in one of David Violence's docs doing some jackass type stuff XD
nil per os

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Sorry to hear that man. I know he gave people a hard time, but he was really cool with me at A-kon 2003.

My condolences for his family and it's always terrible to lose another amv editor. :cry:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

I remember Big Dave, but I never got to meet him. :( He was a funny guy. Rest in peace, man.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Some of Dave's stand up over the past year...

http://youtu.be/1LN1KtbTKYI

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:33 pm

May I ask what was the cause of death?

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Castor Troy wrote:May I ask what was the cause of death?
He was diabetic and had a severe leg infection. He let the infection linger for a couple of months before going to the ER and was told at the hospital that his leg would need to be amputated. Upon hearing that, he went into shock and had a stroke, which caused severe brain swelling that never regressed. After about 2 weeks on a respirator after the stroke with no responsiveness and limited brain function, his family made the decision to take him off the respirator and he passed.

His wife had died a year earlier and he had gone into a severe depression after that. He always told us that he was just counting down the days till he could see his wife again and took no steps to make sure his health was in good order, which was an indirect way of making sure he would see her again sooner rather than later. His family knew his wish was not to be resuscitated or be in a permanent state of comatose...so the decision to end the suffering was swift.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:24 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:May I ask what was the cause of death?
He was diabetic and had a severe leg infection. He let the infection linger for a couple of months before going to the ER and was told at the hospital that his leg would need to be amputated. Upon hearing that, he went into shock and had a stroke, which caused severe brain swelling that never regressed. After about 2 weeks on a respirator after the stroke with no responsiveness and limited brain function, his family made the decision to take him off the respirator and he passed.

His wife had died a year earlier and he had gone into a severe depression after that. He always told us that he was just counting down the days till he could see his wife again and took no steps to make sure his health was in good order, which was an indirect way of making sure he would see her again sooner rather than later. His family knew his wish was not to be resuscitated or be in a permanent state of comatose...so the decision to end the suffering was swift.
:cry:

That's tragic to hear..

At least he's with his wife again. :cry:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

He was before my time, but this is still sad to hear. :(
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Ileia wrote:He was before my time, but this is still sad to hear. :(
Same. I do recall him on the .org from my early days, but I didn't really get to know him. That's still a really tragic story, very sorry to hear :(
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”