Workflow, Vegas - After Effects

Brad
Org Profile

Re: Workflow, Vegas - After Effects

Post by Brad » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 am

MiyaDV wrote:I could say Nuke, fusion, w/e are all way better then after effects, since their node-based and industry standards (AE is laughed at by professionals) but again that's on preference since you can achieve the same thing in both programs.
Not entirely sure what professionals you're talking to. But it also fully depends on what industry you're talking about. People who work primarily in VFX vs. people who work primarily in motion graphics are going to have quite varying opinions on what works best for them. I'm a full-time motion designer, have freelanced at numerous locations, know many many other professionals, and I can't think of too many people who would laugh at you for using AE (or to take it less literally, look down on you or whatever). I'll fully admit, things like Nuke, Fusion, Flame/Smoke, etc. (your node-based compositing packages) are certainly better suited for VFX compositing, color, and rotoscoping. But when it comes to motion graphics, AE IS the standard (though that's not to say that AE CAN'T do those other things, and vice versa. At the end of the day, they're all tools and the best tool for the job is the one you're most comfortable in).

Sorry to derail the thread. Never used Vegas. I have no opinion there. :O
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Return to “Video Editing Software”