AMV-France Online Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Re: AMV-France Online Contest

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:56 pm

I didn't know how the people who didn't vote during the second weeks would vote this time. And since you got a difference of only one vote, that would have been a bit unfair. I also wanted to take The contract, but 4 different vid would have been too much imo

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:05 pm

o.o.. I didn't know you guys posted scores here. Interesting.. But, I find the scoring rubric a bit biased. I could only find codeZ comments for scores which sounds a little strange. I received a 28 out of 50, and his reason was that it had no effects? That's 22 - 44% of the total lost for effects alone? Don't get me wrong, but those numbers don't really add up. Since when did effects weighted that much in editing. I mean a raw amv can be just as good, if not better when done right. I just think a better approach would have been a score rubric with categories that mark are divided into. e.g.

Scene selection/flow - 10
Sync - 10
Mood/Atmosphere - 10
Song and Source combination - 10
Effects -10 (although, i would never make it this high, but just for the sake of this example).

Just my two cents.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:38 pm

no question, sen, not the best run competition around, but it doesn't matter too much at this point, unless you're holding out for a better one next year.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:41 am

If anyone wonders about how I gave scores to vid, I'll explain it this way :
I actually didn't really care about the score itself, I was just working on ranking vids from the worst to the better so I just took one video that I considered was a "25/50" and ranked all other vids starting from this point, giving scores so that the ranking reflects my op.
In fact, I first I simply ranked vids and then Kain told me "now I want scores over 50" XD

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:55 pm

gotegenks wrote:no question, sen, not the best run competition around, but it doesn't matter too much at this point, unless you're holding out for a better one next year.
yea your right, but I'm just putting it out there still since I thought it was needed to be said.
MimS wrote:If anyone wonders about how I gave scores to vid, I'll explain it this way :
I actually didn't really care about the score itself, I was just working on ranking vids from the worst to the better so I just took one video that I considered was a "25/50" and ranked all other vids starting from this point, giving scores so that the ranking reflects my op.
In fact, I first I simply ranked vids and then Kain told me "now I want scores over 50" XD
lol.. interesting. show us your top 39 list. :bear:

Return to “AMV Contests”