Function not here?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Function not here?

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:41 am

Mmmh... could you provide screenshot of the folder with its content? This really feels weird.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:52 am

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:30 am

That folder is looking quite empty, there should be MANY more things, I actually don't get how dfttest can work either to be honest...
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... inPack.zip
Grab that zip and unpack its content directly in the plugins folder (should be a bunch of .dll and .avsi files). That should do...

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:16 am

daa() apparently is still not there or i cant find it.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:27 am

I remember a friend having the a-m-v.org app installed and avisynth installed seperately creating two different install locations for it. It only loaded plugins from one of them though and we spent an hour trying to figure it out till I asked about it. You might want to make sure you didn't install it twice. If you have a plugin loading and working that isnt in your plugins folder than that would lead me to believe you have another plugins folder being loaded from another install directory or your autoloading directory location is somewhere your unaware of. I'd tell you how you can check but someone would probably be in shortly to raise hell about even checking the registry yet alone changing it.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:36 am

No, checking the registry is actually a good idea to make sure the autoload directory is correct. I think I had suggested it in the past myself. I doubt Hatt would be against it in all honesty.
Rather, he'd be raising hell about using autoload and not loading plugins manually, so you're not safe either way. :P

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:57 pm

DON'T USE AUTOLOAD! Kids these days :V

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:50 am

Probably gonna follow Hatt's "Sage & Wise" technique of not using daa() currently i have no real need for it but later it might prove useful for cleaning footage.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Solution to Avisynth not finding plugins/scripts:
Keep your plugins organized in a specific, easy-to-remember folder (mine is c:\avsplugins), then loadplugin/import the ones you need when needed.
Example:

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("C:\avsplug\TIVTC.dll")
Import("C:\avsplug\script\MCTemporalDenoise.v1.4.16.avsi")
Doing so allows you to avoid potential conflicts most of the time as well as being a good workaround in your current situation. The only drawback is that you do have to manually load the plugins in each script, which can be annoying at times. It is well worth it in my opinion.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:50 am

I have an avs plugin manager which I'll probably eventually upload to github or somewhere. I suggest doing the same for others, but Cannonaire's method of manually loading what you need is great. Of course, it helps to have a program that scans your script and any dependent scripts to find and load exactly the plugins you need, but other than dependencies the above method is A++ for most users. I think my setup is only required due to the sheer size of my own avs scripts, often several thousand lines.

Autoload is kinda bad anyway for some stuff, and it helps to avoid it when you have multiple plugins, or versions of the same plugin, providing the same function name.

Return to “AviSynth Help”