AMV-France Online Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Re: AMV-France Online Contest

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:56 pm

I didn't know how the people who didn't vote during the second weeks would vote this time. And since you got a difference of only one vote, that would have been a bit unfair. I also wanted to take The contract, but 4 different vid would have been too much imo

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:05 pm

o.o.. I didn't know you guys posted scores here. Interesting.. But, I find the scoring rubric a bit biased. I could only find codeZ comments for scores which sounds a little strange. I received a 28 out of 50, and his reason was that it had no effects? That's 22 - 44% of the total lost for effects alone? Don't get me wrong, but those numbers don't really add up. Since when did effects weighted that much in editing. I mean a raw amv can be just as good, if not better when done right. I just think a better approach would have been a score rubric with categories that mark are divided into. e.g.

Scene selection/flow - 10
Sync - 10
Mood/Atmosphere - 10
Song and Source combination - 10
Effects -10 (although, i would never make it this high, but just for the sake of this example).

Just my two cents.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:38 pm

no question, sen, not the best run competition around, but it doesn't matter too much at this point, unless you're holding out for a better one next year.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:41 am

If anyone wonders about how I gave scores to vid, I'll explain it this way :
I actually didn't really care about the score itself, I was just working on ranking vids from the worst to the better so I just took one video that I considered was a "25/50" and ranked all other vids starting from this point, giving scores so that the ranking reflects my op.
In fact, I first I simply ranked vids and then Kain told me "now I want scores over 50" XD

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:55 pm

gotegenks wrote:no question, sen, not the best run competition around, but it doesn't matter too much at this point, unless you're holding out for a better one next year.
yea your right, but I'm just putting it out there still since I thought it was needed to be said.
MimS wrote:If anyone wonders about how I gave scores to vid, I'll explain it this way :
I actually didn't really care about the score itself, I was just working on ranking vids from the worst to the better so I just took one video that I considered was a "25/50" and ranked all other vids starting from this point, giving scores so that the ranking reflects my op.
In fact, I first I simply ranked vids and then Kain told me "now I want scores over 50" XD
lol.. interesting. show us your top 39 list. :bear:

Return to “AMV Contests”