[DZ] Alright Alright Alright

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Re: [DZ] Alright Alright Alright

Post by [madaraxD] » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:47 am

Vanity wrote:def different editin'..very stylish :up: enjoyed it..your editing isn't typical very nice!
x2. Usually i dont like KARAS videos, but this was good, great job :up:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 am

TrufflePigStudios wrote:I love the way this is edited. It's like a kaleidoscope, you're looking at one thing and it shifts to something completely different but the transition is so flawless it just seems to flow together. Not to mention all the pretty colors. Really awesome job!!
This for sure. :up:

I'm not big on the song or the anime, they were alright but man that's some really neat editing. :up: But then your editing has always been pretty solid. I guess I liked this one more than your others (minus Can't Stop because I don't think anything you edit will ever take that away from being my top favourite of yours. xD) cause of the cool colours. :ying: Good job. :up:

Slash
eion wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Slash » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 am

Looks poopy

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Lackluster.

CayenneFashionista
Org Profile

Post by CayenneFashionista » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:20 pm

what's cooler than being cool?

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Great AMV, one of the best of the contest :up:

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:24 pm

I loved the Beginning part! Oh and the middle was freakin awesome with the swordplay! And I loved how you ended the video with the birds!

Hmm, i guess I loved the whole thing, then... :roll:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 am

Kinda cool watch. I'm getting kinda bored with the instrumental / electronic music + abstract clips + occasional cool transitions concept but I nonetheless liked it. I also appreciate the fact that you only used one anime rather than just stuffing it up with every shiny anime scene you could find. One thing though, as I'm old-fashioned, I wanted to see some more tight beat sync.

blaku92
Org Profile

Post by blaku92 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:23 am

This was smooooooth. I liked it, but I never would have thought that song could be used in an action amv. Technically it was great, but something felt a little off to me (just my personal tastes I suppose). Good job!

4/5

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Drageer wrote:Alright! This is some good stuff, love the experimentation with effects and the fact that you used the color green pretty well (it has not been used well many times), with some kind of purpose. Really entertaining stuff.
thanks for the banners, hater.
Taite wrote:Saw a few good videos from the contest, but this is without a doubt my favorite. :up:

For some reason I think of jello every time I watch this, and I think a lot of it has to do with the sync (and the bounciness and colors). There's literally not a rough cut in there. It flows so damn well. :|
I agree with TPS on the kaleidoscope analogy.

I like to think of sync as a personification of the song-- smooth transitions is necessary, but the correct clip choice is even more important, because it's necessary to have that motion. That's where the editor comes in and decides how to interpret the song by using a certain motion, like the wave of a hand, or an explosion, or even a static scene, whatever. And so I think your interpretation of the music was perfect. No complaints, at all. I notice you're pretty good at this anyhow, though.
You also added effects in there, but they weren't the typical ones that sat on top of a clip-- rather they manipulated the clips and helped to personify the song. Though the color correction helped add to the atmosphere, and I really liked that as well.
And I don't know much about this contest and if you were given the song or whatever, but the song and anime are well suited to each other to begin with, I would think. Any editor could show that, but it takes a unique approach and interpretation to actually bring it justice and make it entertaining, and you did.

One of the few videos I've seen that I'd give a 5/5.

god you're gunna be such a cocky bastard after more peoples see this
thanks for the critique, hater.
SeNniN wrote:this was among my fav in the contest, and it deserves to be where its at in ranking.
I resent that.
SeNniN wrote:I really like the transactions, and it's really different from other karas amv's out there. Your scene selection was really well thought out, and i really dig the overall mood of the amv. solid editing.
thanks man, appreciate it.
ReggieSmalls wrote:Great job man, you make your studio proud :up:
dawffaghwghwag reeggiee...
Vanity wrote:def different editin'..very stylish :up: enjoyed it..your editing isn't typical very nice!
that is just lovely to hear <3
Kairih wrote:Good job, I really liked this one :up:
yer damn straight 'cha did.
[madaraxD] wrote:Usually i dont like KARAS videos, but when I do, I prefer gotesexy.
stay thirsty my fans.
AimoAio wrote:I'm not big on the song or the anime, they were alright but man that's some really neat editing. :up: But then your editing has always been pretty solid. I guess I liked this one more than your others (minus Can't Stop because I don't think anything you edit will ever take that away from being my top favourite of yours. xD) cause of the cool colours. :ying: Good job. :up:
nobody really loved either of these sources, and if they did then chances are they hated the other (adam, you da only one 'sides me who loved em both.)
KHnerdz4lyf~
Slash wrote:Looks poopy
couldn't agree more
Enigma wrote:Lackluster.
good point, brother.
CayenneFashionista wrote:what's cooler than being cool?
Coolest?
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALR--
chambeyc wrote:Great AMV, one of the best of the contest :up:
thanks, old cham.
TEKnician wrote:I loved the Beginning part! Oh and the middle was freakin awesome with the swordplay! And I loved how you ended the video with the birds!

Hmm, i guess I loved the whole thing, then... :roll:
well, i can't take much credit for the end, it's literally the last scene of the series...buuuuuuut thanks!
Emong wrote:Kinda cool watch. I'm getting kinda bored with the instrumental / electronic music + abstract clips + occasional cool transitions concept but I nonetheless liked it. I also appreciate the fact that you only used one anime rather than just stuffing it up with every shiny anime scene you could find.
I kinda agree with you, about there being too much of THOSE vids, (mostly trance...is this trance? D:!) but i didn't see this resembling those in any significant way, i tried to focus more on the rap and beats than the synthesizer, and it really just came out like any other single-anime montage video, unless you're getting sick of all those too...
Emong wrote:One thing though, as I'm old-fashioned, I wanted to see some more tight beat sync.
well i honestly haven't heard that one before (with this video anyway) care to explain some more? I thought it was oversynced at places, unless you just wanted more sync on the intentionally unsynced parts, actually, i did hear that bit during beta testing from one other guy, but nobody else...
thanks for the comment though i really did appreciate.
blaku92 wrote:This was smooooooth. I liked it, but I never would have thought that song could be used in an action amv. Technically it was great, but something felt a little off to me (just my personal tastes I suppose). Good job!

4/5
you'd be surprised what people can make action videos with these days... :roll:
though i couldn't really see anything except for random karas once the idea formed, so i can not understand your thinking there ..
i really really wish you could figure out what was missing, i really spent forever trying to make this as good as possible, and i thought i did that until you and emo came along :(
i appreciate the comment, though!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”