[DZ] Alright Alright Alright

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
gotegenks
Org Profile

[DZ] Alright Alright Alright

Post by gotegenks » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:54 pm

----------------------------------------
universal806 wrote:Y'know what I really love about this? It has the *exact* type of editting and flow that Gorillaz would use in one of their videos. Way to give the song justice, you did a great job. Kudos to you.
Offhandedly... the beat/melody of this song always blows my mind. Every time.
TrufflePigStudios wrote:I love the way this is edited. It's like a kaleidoscope, you're looking at one thing and it shifts to something completely different but the transition is so flawless it just seems to flow together. Not to mention all the pretty colors. Really awesome job!!
BellyzbadHDdbz wrote:the only good thing about this video was the title
----------------------------------------

Drageer
Org Profile

Re: [DZ] Alright Alright Alright

Post by Drageer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Alright! This is some good stuff, love the experimentation with effects and the fact that you used the color green pretty well (it has not been used well many times), with some kind of purpose. Really entertaining stuff.

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Normally I don't like action, but this one had an interesting feel (b^.^)b I especially liked the first 30 seconds or so

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Saw a few good videos from the contest, but this is without a doubt my favorite. :up:

For some reason I think of jello every time I watch this, and I think a lot of it has to do with the sync (and the bounciness and colors). There's literally not a rough cut in there. It flows so damn well. :|
I agree with TPS on the kaleidoscope analogy.

I like to think of sync as a personification of the song-- smooth transitions is necessary, but the correct clip choice is even more important, because it's necessary to have that motion. That's where the editor comes in and decides how to interpret the song by using a certain motion, like the wave of a hand, or an explosion, or even a static scene, whatever. And so I think your interpretation of the music was perfect. No complaints, at all. I notice you're pretty good at this anyhow, though.
You also added effects in there, but they weren't the typical ones that sat on top of a clip-- rather they manipulated the clips and helped to personify the song. Though the color correction helped add to the atmosphere, and I really liked that as well.
And I don't know much about this contest and if you were given the song or whatever, but the song and anime are well suited to each other to begin with, I would think. Any editor could show that, but it takes a unique approach and interpretation to actually bring it justice and make it entertaining, and you did.

One of the few videos I've seen that I'd give a 5/5.

god you're gunna be such a cocky bastard after more peoples see this
Image Image

Drageer
Org Profile

Post by Drageer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Taite wrote:god you're gunna be such a cocky bastard after more peoples see this
If you talk to him once in a while you realize he already is one, but it's why he's so lovable. :ying: :up:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Drageer wrote:
Taite wrote:god you're gunna be such a cocky bastard after more peoples see this
If you talk to him once in a while you realize he already is one, but it's why he's so lovable. :ying: :up:
Yeah, I kind of saw that even before I had the pleasure of beta testing for him. Ha. :asd: Nonetheless, I suppose he has good reason.

edit: i'm just feeding him now.
Image Image

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:58 am

this was among my fav in the contest, and it deserves to be where its at in ranking. I really like the transactions, and it's really different from other karas amv's out there. Your scene selection was really well thought out, and i really dig the overall mood of the amv. solid editing.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 am

Great job man, you make your studio proud :up:
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:33 am

def different editin'..very stylish :up: enjoyed it..your editing isn't typical very nice!

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:41 am

Good job, I really liked this one :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”