Ask Brad an After Effects Question!

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: Ask Brad an After Effects Question!

Post by Eake4 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A81gFIozCsA
The scene at 1:35 Where the water drops down but instead i want to make a realistic one with AE

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:41 am

Okay. I'll see if I can figure something out
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Brad wrote:
Ikore wrote:how do I twitch?
Drink lots of coffee.

and thanks for the tutos, much appreciated :bear:
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 am

Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 am

Shui wrote:How can I make this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJT8vfraCmk#t=218s

:)
Be ashamed of yourself. :O

Monitor Zombie
Org Profile

Post by Monitor Zombie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm doing a parody of the True Blood opening and I was going to try mimicking the title card, but have no idea how to even approach the damn thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxINMuOgAu8 starts @ 1:16

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Monitor Zombie wrote:I'm doing a parody of the True Blood opening and I was going to try mimicking the title card, but have no idea how to even approach the damn thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxINMuOgAu8 starts @ 1:16
Nice :) I look forward to seeing it! The funny thing is, I did my internship at Digital Kitchen, and I looked through the project files for the True Blood opening just to get an idea for it. The majority of the project was editorial (Final Cut) with supers. The part you're talking about was actual footage. They had taken some kind of red plastic filament with the title on it and heated it up, warped it, etc.

So unless you're willing to do the same thing and shoot it practically (which, don't discredit as an idea), you're probably not going to be able to mimic it exactly. However, I DO have some ideas on how you could get something along those lines in AE. I'll add it to my list.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm serious this time, I'm wondering if there's an easy way to to make this 'draw lines in 3D' in AE like the rainbow at 02:48 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
I tried particular, but that plugin wasn't really fit for this kind of thing.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm

I can tell you first hand that that effect was done by hand. He just drew the path of her hand, and then went backwards taking parts away from it frame by frame. If I were going to try and achieve this effect using AE, I'd probably turn to Tropcode 3D Stroke, and try to figure out how to make the stroke more "flat" than "cylindrical." I'm sure I'd probably have to do multiple instances of the effect (1 for each color), but that'd be my starting point.

However, in this particular case, if it I knew I had to make it look like that and be animatable, I'd turn to Cinema 4D.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Well, not your typical AE special effects question, but i'll give it a try here (where else...). So, there's a thing that bothers me in my CS5,5 - whenever I try to change a parameter, for example to set the gaussian blur from 0 to 50, I have to stop dragging my mouse to the number i need (in this example to 50), to see the changes that are made in my clip - nothing seems to change in my clip until I stop pressing the mouse's button. If i remember correctly, some days ago those changes were seen instantly as i was dragging the mouse and I didn't have to leave the click button... it's just a nuisance now. Please tell me you understood what i meant |:>

Return to “Effects & Techniques”