[AMV-France] Illusion

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: Illusion

Post by irriadin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 am

Wow, thanks for all the comments everyone! :awesome:
gote wrote:this one was pretty interesting, although some of the small circular masks were a little too sharp.
Thanks! Incidentally, side note here, when I switched to Sony Vegas 11 in the middle of making this, it completely messed up all my mask feathering and size (and I didn't notice it until I'd put a lot of work into other parts, so I couldn't just go back to Vegas 9). Took me FOREVER to fix :bear:
Shin-AMV wrote:Has a very nice ambience and mood to it throughout. I liked a lot of the conceptual things you did especially with the masking beat syncing going on which has given me a few ideas I want to try out with something similar. :up:
Thanks Shin!
Warlike Swans wrote:The color-work is quite lovely :D
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
Emong wrote:Somehow all the hard cuts felt too violent for the song :| You also weren't kidding about the fragmented storyline. It felt really random and at times the visuals felt detached from the audio. Nonetheless, I liked the song/anime combo and your nice experimentation with effects.
Thanks! I'll keep this in mind in the future, especially with regards to the hard cuts.
EkaCoralian wrote:Very nice work! I think my only gripes were the hard cuts at times when, like Emong said, they seemed a bit too violent for the song.
Otherwise I really enjoyed this. :up:
Thanks!
AimoAio wrote:I really loved this one, it's one of my top favourites in the contest and another reminder that I should definitely watch this series sometime.

The visuals are stunning. The composition especially, the colour work, the subtle effects and even the texture all complement each other nicely and create this ambient and melancholic atmosphere. Then the action kicks in for some sections as a nice breather and fresher change of scenery before it goes back to the lovely ambient mood again. :mrgreen: Also I simply adore the mask/cutter beat sync you had going on. <3 <3 <3

And I actually disagree with the others about the hard cuts being too violent. The feel of the song does call for softer more smoother transitions but I liked the combinations of soft short fades and hard cuts because the cuts felt sharp and brought out emphasis in those scenes. It also helps break up the video a little so it doesn't feel like it's dragging on and on as one long piece.

I'm not sure I got your full story in this, since it is a little fragmented but I think the underlying concept you wanted to show with Casshern's emotional journey really shone through. I think I managed to get a good feel of his fear, his guilt, his stress, his anger,his regret and generally his pain and struggles at...this journey thing.

The only thing I didn't like was the twitch at the end. Felt somewhat random, unnecessary and a little lackluster.

But that's a really minor issue with the video so it doesn't really detract much from it's overall reviewability. Generally I was very impressed the first time I saw this and the more I watch it, the more I love it. I've already rewatched it at least 10 times while writing this er..short comment. xD Seriously, awesome job with this! :up: It's simply fantastic and I just love it. <3
:o :D Thank you so much for the amazing comment! I worked hard on the visual aspect of this video, so it's awesome to hear that it really "clicked" for you. Hmm, yes, the frame for the story is definitely not conventional and I know that's going to make this a divisive aspect for a lot of people. (I was counting on the mood carrying it more than the story itself :uhoh: ) I hear ya on the twitch. Sometimes I just can't help myself... :sweat:

Thanks again and good luck in the contest, I loved your Madoka video!
TritioAFB wrote:To be honest I was surprised you submitted it to the contest. Compared with the first versions this one receives a perfect score from me :mrgreen:
iGREASE wrote:Enjoyed it :up:
Kairih wrote:x2 A really interesting video and good concept :up:
Thanks everyone! And thanks for the OP, Kairih! :D

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Re: [AMV-France] Illusion

Post by [madaraxD] » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:09 pm

nice atmosphere, one of my favorites from this contest :up:

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Figures it gets announced when I'm not around for a few days. Really enjoyed this one, subtle and smooth and the mood was set up quite well.

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm

I liked :D
I would not put the textures
But I congratulate you for the dark, oppressive atmosphere that transmits amv
and I think one of the best on this anime
I like getting a lot even when you've kept synch with the scenes with the mask
and these give the extra touch of atmosphere
Good Work :up:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:21 pm

[madaraxD] wrote:nice atmosphere, one of my favorites from this contest :up:
Thanks man :D
Ijexis wrote:Figures it gets announced when I'm not around for a few days. Really enjoyed this one, subtle and smooth and the mood was set up quite well.
Glad you liked it Ijexis :)
-Kyros- wrote:I liked :D
I would not put the textures
But I congratulate you for the dark, oppressive atmosphere that transmits amv
and I think one of the best on this anime
I like getting a lot even when you've kept synch with the scenes with the mask
and these give the extra touch of atmosphere
Good Work :up:
Thanks a lot for the comment Kyros. I appreciate it!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”