Mouretsu Pirates

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Mouretsu Pirates

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 am

TEKnician wrote:
meleechampion wrote:This show is pretty terrible. I love anything sci-fi setting, but this... no animation, a lot of people just standing and talking, bullshit one-dimensional characters, bullshit premise (why should I give a fuck about some ghost ship. furthermore, why should I give a fuck about ANYONE not named Marika) I'm sorely disappointed.
Sad to say...but I agree. :?

DROPPED
Sadly, this. I really tried, I really did. Tatsuo Sato, why u no make more Nadesico? But then again, if it's gonna be as boring as this, don't do it. So much wasted potential with this one....and I know it was based off a manga, but we don't really need the whole "she's still in school" thing at all. When you become a space pirate captain, you freakin' quit school. Just sayin'. ;__;

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 am

Yeah, I've kind of lost interest as well.
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 am

I believe it was based on a light novel rather than a manga, but yes, it was a forgone conclusion from episode one that this show had some issues and didn't work out. :?

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

Argh, and the "what ifs" kill me... This could have been so fantastic. I sorta feel inclined to write a GOOD schoolgirl space pirate captain story now x____x

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:01 pm

And they're finally gonna do some real pirating.
Spoiler :
I wish that they had gone and really kidnapped Jenny though. That would have been awesome. And I completely forgot how awesome Jenny was. She didn't even hesitate to pull out that gun. That kiss came out of nowhere though :asd: "Everybody's watching". "Let em" :rofl:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”