New Video + 4 old videos! (aka. from Russia with Otohiko)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
lynit
Org Profile

Re: New Video + 4 old videos! (aka. from Russia with Otohiko

Post by lynit » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 am

omg. new oto videos. WHY DO YOU NEVER TELL ME ABOUT THESE THINGS?!
/downloads
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

iGREASE
Org Profile

Post by iGREASE » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:30 am

That was pretty cool. :up:

Too bad there isn't a version without singing in it.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:28 am

Responsewhoring time!
Ileia wrote: Hopefully this means you'll edit more, because I want to see more! :O
Thanks Ileia, I'm really glad you enjoyed this one! I was iffy on whether this one would, you know, appeal to anyone in my usual editing circle, but you were the first person to tell me otherwise. And my concern with cheesiness was mostly the lyric sync I guess - it's not something I usually do with my videos except for comedy (as seen in Sheep for example), so it feels cheesy when I start doing a lot of it. Glad it worked for you.

And yeah, I'm gonna try to pick up the pace on editing more this year. It helps that I've actually started watching anime again and enjoying it :uhoh:
Pwolf wrote:Excellent. A serious Haruhi video for once as well. :up:
Thanks! This is actually like, the 3rd Haruhi video I've tried to do, and all my ideas have been "serious". For some reason I guess I like the serious aspects of the anime more than the silly stuff :P
DriftRoot wrote: And yet I still enjoyed the video, it's a miracle!

I always liked your editing style, Otohiko This was neat, to see it spread out over these five videos and get an idea of the different uses you put it to. Return/Returning was my favorite of the bunch, editing and effects fit the song and video exceptionally well. RPBP IV: MAMA I just...well...my least favorite, a little too "Other" for me. But still done with great panache! Ending of Sheep Go to Heaven really got me - I'm going to be subtitling my life with (BAM) for awhile, I think. :asd:
(BAM) :mrgreen:
Thanks for checking out all of them, appreciate you taking a chance with them. Considering the whole purpose of MAMA was to amuse myself and experiment on people's sanity, I think even if you end up really hating that video, it's not an unreasonable reaction. In fact you're welcome to kick me for this sort of experimentation.

And I guess your note about my editing style also proves that, for better or worse, it hasn't really changed that much in the last 4-5 years. Not that I'm unhappy with that :P

Kairih wrote:Really amazing, I love this video. ;) :up:
Thank you! Glad you liked it :)
Taite wrote:I spent the first time watching it focusing on the lyrics and their relation to the scenes, and the second time around I focused more on the editing and sync (since I can't do both at once.)
Seriously, probably my favorite Haruhi video now.

It's actually a really interesting 'hypothesis', what was presented in the lyrics, and that fits this anime so well. The accompanying scenes were perfectly chosen to show that, but also to create a serious atmosphere that you don't typically see in Haruhi amvs, and that made it all more enjoyable.
I also really appreciate the simplicity of this video. I just love that raw, natural sync and impact you get when you choose the right clips that have the right motion, and you don't have to add flashes or blurs or whatever. It was just perfectly simple, and I really liked that.

Solid all across the board-- neat concept, good atmosphere, simple, well done editing, nice sync. Mmmm :up:
Thanks for taking the time with that! It does have to be at least a little odd when you have lyrics that you have to read, so I guess watching it twice works well. Also really glad that you noticed the "right motion" thing - that was something I really wanted to focus the editing on. The show is really kind of static a lot of the time, so I either had to choose that carefully or fake it a little. Either way, thanks for liking the simpleness! That's something I really like in your vids too :)

And yeah, the 'hypothesis' is really something the series is playing around with a bit already (and is explored all the more in the novels, apparently), to the point where for a while I suspected that the artist might've been watching Haruhi when he wrote the song, haha.
macchinainterna wrote:Love the new video George! d('.'d)
Yay thanks Chuck |:>
kyle_m wrote:круть :up:
Пасиб )
S.A. Robert wrote:Приятно увидеть на этом ресурсе, клипы на русскую музыку =)
На Меланхолия Харухи клип больше всего понравился.
Эт я издавна продвигаю :up:
Кстати, надеюсь вскоре клип будет в оценочной на amvnews. Посмотрим что наши скажут.
Спасибо!
Emong wrote:Cool story development, that is to say, the clip selection was nicely crafted. I did feel like the audio and the video were detached during the verses but that's probably merely due to me disliking the music :P
Haha, fair enough - I figured the music would be kind of a dividing factor. Especially with foreign-language music, that's always a risk. Thanks for checking it out though, glad you liked the layout at least!
`Eclipse wrote:omg. new oto videos. WHY DO YOU NEVER TELL ME ABOUT THESE THINGS?!
/downloads
Cause you weren't on IRC or the .org when I was finishing it?
We shall see what you thought of it, I guess!
iGREASE wrote:That was pretty cool. :up:

Too bad there isn't a version without singing in it.
Haha, but the lyric sync is like half the point! I do see what you mean though, especially since the vocals don't particularly matter if you need subtitles for lyrics anyway. Don't think there is an instrumental version of this though...

Thanks!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:27 am

Otohiko wrote:1) Are you an adept of Haruhiism, have seen all of the Haruhi anime released to date and enjoy things to do with Haruhi lore? (yes/no)
2) Do you enjoy / could you enjoy Russian alternative/rap music? (yes/no)
3) Do you enjoy simple ("oldschool") videos that do not feature anything technically interesting and rely almost completely on basic cuts/fades? (yes/no)
1) Yus and Yus :3
2) Yus . . .
3) Yus . . .

. . .

*Watches*

. . .
Spoiler :

Wasn't as epic as the above picture but definitely enjoyed the video :dino:

KiTo~chan
Org Profile

Post by KiTo~chan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:43 am

Loved the new vid ^^ it's like the lyrics (or at least what the subs tell me the lyrics are) were written specifically for Haruhi. I need to see the movie now. Also I've never heard any Russian music, and I don't normally care for rap, but I liked the way this sounded. So thanks for sharing it with us.
The infamous Killer Tofu.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:53 am

I'm feeling this new video homie :up:
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:50 pm

New Video has really nice flow and is kinda enjoyable. I guess i need to take a look at other vids sometime :up:
Still better than that MMO.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Arg...I need to pay attention! Did not realize this got released :D You already know my thoughts on this video. <3 <3 <3

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:39 pm

I really enjoyed this video. The mood was impeccable. :up:

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:51 am

That was pretty enjoyable. :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”