Ask Brad an After Effects Question!

Haus Haberdasher
Org Profile

Re: Ask Brad an After Effects Question!

Post by Haus Haberdasher » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Brad wrote:http://amv101.com/askbrad/?p=5

And here ya go!
Awesome, thanks so much for the tutorial!

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Decoy wrote:Hey Brad,

I'm new to the community, I would very much like to know what is the best way to make hexagons in AE. I have this SUPER COOL idea for a video involving Naruto and Bleach. Can you please lend a brah a hand.

Regards,

Ryno
More dots?

On a more serious note: mebbe upload a little video showing how you made the intro to my "The Last Song" video making it 2.5d. Pretty simple stuff but interesting none-the-less.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Prodigi wrote:
Decoy wrote:Hey Brad,

I'm new to the community, I would very much like to know what is the best way to make hexagons in AE. I have this SUPER COOL idea for a video involving Naruto and Bleach. Can you please lend a brah a hand.

Regards,

Ryno
More dots?

On a more serious note: mebbe upload a little video showing how you made the intro to my "The Last Song" video making it 2.5d. Pretty simple stuff but interesting none-the-less.
Good call. I will do that one next.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:31 pm

how do I twitch?
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:05 am

Ikore wrote:how do I twitch?
Drink lots of coffee.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 am

Can you record a tutorial on how to make a water droplet fall on water with the ripple (anime looking or realistic i dont mind) and also thanks about the space thing :D

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:23 am

-Eake4- wrote:Can you record a tutorial on how to make a water droplet fall on water with the ripple (anime looking or realistic i dont mind) and also thanks about the space thing :D
I think I can do that, but before I get into recording it, what type of look are you going for? Meaning, do you want it to look like a drop of water is falling onto a piece of footage and the footage ripples away, or is it something closer to what you would see in a real shot? Like, camera looking down at a roughly 45 degree angle, drop falls in from the top of the screen, it ripples out into 3D space. It's a somewhat common looking shot in anime (Ah My Goddess comes to mind)

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:57 pm

New video is up! This time it's Fun with 2.5D!

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Brad wrote:
-Eake4- wrote:Can you record a tutorial on how to make a water droplet fall on water with the ripple (anime looking or realistic i dont mind) and also thanks about the space thing :D
I think I can do that, but before I get into recording it, what type of look are you going for? Meaning, do you want it to look like a drop of water is falling onto a piece of footage and the footage ripples away, or is it something closer to what you would see in a real shot? Like, camera looking down at a roughly 45 degree angle, drop falls in from the top of the screen, it ripples out into 3D space. It's a somewhat common looking shot in anime (Ah My Goddess comes to mind)
Im kinda needing a shot of about a drop of water falling onto a body of water. Not the footage but just something similar to the 45 degree angle. I havent seen Ah My Goddess but if you have seen Code geass,
Spoiler :
its something like when C.C tells Lelouch her real name but its covered by the water drop

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 pm

-Eake4- wrote:
Brad wrote:
Im kinda needing a shot of about a drop of water falling onto a body of water. Not the footage but just something similar to the 45 degree angle. I havent seen Ah My Goddess but if you have seen Code geass,
Spoiler :
its something like when C.C tells Lelouch her real name but its covered by the water drop
Do you think you could find a clip online somewhere? Or post it on Youtube? Just so I understand what it is you're looking for.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”