HELP A NUBE plz....

ValTerra
Org Profile

HELP A NUBE plz....

Post by ValTerra » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:13 pm

i am very new at this and i am willing to learn from all who can help me
Which program is best to make avm's and how do u add gifs ,video cuts,and just reagual pics to a normal program like windows live movie maker?

If any of u pro's or nearly being pros can help a nube like me i will be greatful for ur help and add ur name to all my credits if i ever get to make a video
LIVE HARD DON'T GO DOWN WITH OUT A FIGHT GIVE IT UR ALL

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: HELP A NUBE plz....

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:38 pm

The first question that you asked will give you really opinionated answers. Everyone has different viewpoints on what editing program is best. My personal favorite is Sony Vegas because it has a lot of different price options and is easier to learn than Adobe Premiere.
Here is a trial of the Sony Vegas Movie Studio version http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dow ... iestudiope

I don't know anything about windows live movie maker, but adding images and gifs should be the same as importing regular video. Here is a tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZZij3NNyVg

But it should be noted that Windows Live Movie Maker isn't really a good editing program for AMVs. Its kinda like the lowest program on the video editing totem pole.

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:31 pm

I believe we have an AMV app as well

It's a giant clusterbomb of programs for your AMV making needs
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 pm

The AMV app is useful, but it won't exactly let you do editing on its own. It's mostly a collection of useful tools to help you prep and finalize; basically everything except the non-linear editor you use to edit the video. I also use Vegas (Movie Studio 10 Platinum, ~$100). It has worked very well for me, and much better than Windows Movie Maker, but I'm looking into getting Premiere and especially After Effects soon.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:36 am

Because I am sugoi, AutoDesk. Smoke is pretty sweet, or the old Cleaner. Plenty of effects stuff too in Combustion and Flare, and absolute hax for lighting in Lustre. But I think these tools are a little ahead of most people here. Stick to Premiere, it has less issues than Vegas and co, but you still get the mad suites of plugins and a performance optimised application.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:57 am

I generall would go for vegas or premiere trial, and if you are still interested, I recommend you buying one of the two. Photoshop and AE are also pretty sweet! Once you get vegas or some good linear program get the AMVapp which includes Avisynth and VirtualDub (both quite helpful). If you are a heavy spending and have heaps of interest AutoDesk Smoke and Avid's Media Editor are (in my opinion) one of the greatest editing programs though they are extremely costy.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”