HELP! Converting

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

HELP! Converting

Post by Infinity Squared » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:07 am

Sorry that I’m putting this in this section but I’m a bit pressed for time and would like this to be seen by someone who can help me as soon as possible.

I’ve uploaded a 7zip file into this directory http://www.imigence.com/temp/colossus/

What I need is for the .mov footage inside the zip file to be converted into another format be it .mp4 H264, or .avi XviD or whatever else that is Windows friendly. I’m usually fine for opening up .mov files in my computer but for some reason, this particular file was just being a massive pain. I’m right now editing for this concert and I really need the footage desperately.

Let me know if you can help and if you need some place to upload, please PM me so that I can give you FTP access to my server.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Re: HELP! Converting

Post by Rendakor » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:13 am

I turned it into a Lagarith .avi for you. PM me FTP info? It's ~400 megs so I don't have anywhere to upload it.
Image Image

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:57 am

Im surprised your editng program wont accept the .mov for editing in the first place.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:39 pm

Me too. It just refused to play it entirely. Every other .mov file worked fine enough.

Thanks again Rendakor, you were a real life saver!

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:30 am

Unrelated but damn that is a nick I haven't seen in a super long time :S

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”