New Video + 4 old videos! (aka. from Russia with Otohiko)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Otohiko
Org Profile

New Video + 4 old videos! (aka. from Russia with Otohiko)

Post by Otohiko » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:14 pm

New Video by Otohiko (Corndog Vidvids)
Anime: Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Music: Noize MC - Вселенная бесконечна? (The Universe Is Endless?)
Genre: Character Profile, Sentimental

Good evening hippies,

A creatively-named new video from me, using a brand new song from the creatively named new album (yes, that is exactly what it's called) by one of my favourite Russian aritsts, Noize MC. The video is primarily for a Russian audience, obviously, but the version uploaded here is an MKV file that includes "soft" subtitles for your enjoyment.

As is always the case with me, it's really just a personal project. The editing is straightforward and the video is designed mostly to reflect my mood and current obsessions with anime/music in the most straightforward and easy way, not to win any awards or anything. It's about as pretentious as its title, really!
A word of caution: video is full of spoilers, and it also relies on knowing the actual anime - otherwise it looks pretty random.

For the lazy among you (there will be no .org preview), here are youtube links:
YOUTUBE: ENGLISH SUBTITLES
YOUTUBE: NO SUBTITLES (Russian)

BEFORE YOU WATCH THIS VIDEO, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONNAIRE:

1) Are you an adept of Haruhiism, have seen all of the Haruhi anime released to date and enjoy things to do with Haruhi lore? (yes/no)
2) Do you enjoy / could you enjoy Russian alternative/rap music? (yes/no)
3) Do you enjoy simple ("oldschool") videos that do not feature anything technically interesting and rely almost completely on basic cuts/fades? (yes/no)

If you've answered NO to ANY of the above questions, you will probably not like this video.
(No, really! In fact I explicitly discourage you from watching it if that's the case.)

BUT WAIT, DON'T GO ANYWHERE!

If you don't like that video, I have a whole 4 more videos that you will probably also not like!

As some of you might know, this isn't the first (and definitely not the last) video that I've made to Russian music, and a few of my other ones have floated around for a while and even gained me a bit of notoriety. So to celebrate the release of my new video, I've also re-uploaded all 4 of my previous Russian videos, in the best-available quality I've had and with brand new "soft" English subtitles in MKV format. Some of you might find a new appreciation (or intense dislike) for them, now that you can understand what the heck they were actually saying.

RPBP IV: MAMA (2005)
Anime: FLCL
Music: Kin-Dza-Dza - Unofficial Movie Soundtrack
Genre: Awesomecore, Fun, Other

Return / Returning (2007)
Anime: Serial Experiments Lain
Music: Джан Ку - Кукла / Jan Coo - Doll (Grunge/Psychedelic)
Genre: Character Profile, Serious

Tori (2007)
Anime: Beyond the Clouds: A Promise Made in Our Early Days
Music: Пилот - Меня среди них нет / PilOt - I Am Not Among Them (Acoustic/Alternative Rock)
Genre: Sentimental, Romance

Sheep Go To Heaven (2007)
Anime: A Girl That Leapt Through Time
Music: Zdog si Zdub - Miorica (Moldovan Folk-Punk)
Genre: Fun, Other, Awesomecore

Alright, that's it from me. If you ended up watching any of that, much thanks! And may the bear be with you :bear:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: New Video + 4 old videos! (aka. from Russia with Otohiko

Post by Ileia » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:19 pm

I'll take two of each!

Edit:
Srsly, though. I think this has replaced Sheep Go to Heaven as my favorite video of yours. I know you kept saying it was cheesy, but I don't think that at all. Like I told you before, it's just very dynamic, each segment is perfectly in tune with the accompanying music. I will say that the translated lyrics go a long way in making the video more enjoyable, so I appreciate that you added them for us. :up:

Hopefully this means you'll edit more, because I want to see more! :O
Last edited by Ileia on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Excellent. A serious Haruhi video for once as well. :up:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:36 pm

1) Are you an adept of Haruhiism, have seen all of the Haruhi anime released to date and enjoy things to do with Haruhi lore? (yes/no)
2) Do you enjoy / could you enjoy Russian alternative/rap music? (yes/no)
3) Do you enjoy simple ("oldschool") videos that do not feature anything technically interesting and rely almost completely on basic cuts/fades? (YES/no)
And yet I still enjoyed the video, it's a miracle!

I always liked your editing style, Otohiko This was neat, to see it spread out over these five videos and get an idea of the different uses you put it to. Return/Returning was my favorite of the bunch, editing and effects fit the song and video exceptionally well. RPBP IV: MAMA I just...well...my least favorite, a little too "Other" for me. But still done with great panache! Ending of Sheep Go to Heaven really got me - I'm going to be subtitling my life with (BAM) for awhile, I think. :asd:

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 am

Really amazing, I love this video. ;) :up:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:47 am

I spent the first time watching it focusing on the lyrics and their relation to the scenes, and the second time around I focused more on the editing and sync (since I can't do both at once.)
Seriously, probably my favorite Haruhi video now.

It's actually a really interesting 'hypothesis', what was presented in the lyrics, and that fits this anime so well. The accompanying scenes were perfectly chosen to show that, but also to create a serious atmosphere that you don't typically see in Haruhi amvs, and that made it all more enjoyable.
I also really appreciate the simplicity of this video. I just love that raw, natural sync and impact you get when you choose the right clips that have the right motion, and you don't have to add flashes or blurs or whatever. It was just perfectly simple, and I really liked that.

Solid all across the board-- neat concept, good atmosphere, simple, well done editing, nice sync. Mmmm :up:
Image Image

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:58 pm

Love the new video George! d('.'d)

kyle_m
Org Profile

Post by kyle_m » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:32 pm

круть :up:

S.A. Robert
Org Profile

Post by S.A. Robert » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:16 am

Приятно увидеть на этом ресурсе, клипы на русскую музыку =)
На Меланхолия Харухи клип больше всего понравился.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Cool story development, that is to say, the clip selection was nicely crafted. I did feel like the audio and the video were detached during the verses but that's probably merely due to me disliking the music :P

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”