vegas hates me madoka hates me holy hell

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: vegas hates me madoka hates me holy hell

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:15 am

I think you need to learn what the hell it is you're trying to do before doing it. All the software you've mentioned is either not for beginners or ridiculously out of date. The thing is, doing video properly is HARD. There are no easy tools because the concepts are not easy, and if you don't understand what they do, then you shouldn't be able to use the tool in the first place. As an example, the great thing about YATTA being so hard to use is that it stops people ruining their footage by not allowing them to fuck up in the first place. MKVToolNix comes with a GUI, use it. Update VDub and stop using mod or AvsP. mkv2flac and friends are useless. meGUI is beyond useless. Avisynth requires basic programming knowledge to do low level frame manipulation. It comes down to if you don't know what you're doing, then you can't do it, and frankly that's the way it should be. Read the guide, clean up your system, do a fresh install of what you need. Then use the tools you know what you're doing with and once you have a better understanding, consider more advanced tools. That's all there is to it.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:17 am

Side note, your machine is obviously fucked if it's giving class errors and full of spyware. Maybe fix that first. Also most of the tools you listed are wrappers rather than converted. All you need is VirtualDub and CCCP. You can use mkvmerge and avisynth later but surely not now. Sounds like you're also ripping pirated subs instead of just using the glorious Italian bluray, which is only like 40 euro.

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:44 am

http://i43.tinypic.com/nffpdh.jpg well i guess i'm fucked for a while then
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Get the Italian BD instead of the US DVD if you have a BD reader. Otherwise the JP DVD is way better. I would suggest reinstalling your whole environment though as you have some serious configuration issues. It might help you to have a 32bit WinXP VM for prepping video and then using 64bit Win7 for your other tools.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”