The Lip Flapper : Volume 14 - Vivamist

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

The Lip Flapper : Volume 14 - Vivamist

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 am

Disclaimer: These interviews are not associated with a-m-v.org's administration. Continued exposure to "The Lip Flapper" may cause unexpected amounts of laughter and glee.

_________

Description

Welcome to the Lip Flapper! Each week, we delve deep into the community and get a look into both individual members as well as group discussions on various issues that surround our hobby.
________

This Week in "The Lip Flapper"
We talk with Vivamist today! Vivamist is a member of Re-Evolution studios and a recent newcomer to A-M-V.org. Vivamist also is the editor behind such works as:

_________

The Interview

[5:05:12 PM] CodeZTM : Thank you for joining me today Vivamist! How about we start things off by having you introduce yourself to the community. At the same time, why not tell us what your favorite AMV is?

[5:06:15 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: Hi , I'm Vivamist , Erica XD Mmm I don't really have a favourite amv, but i suppose my favourite would be Temptation by Derisor. I loved how he used an old song and made it come alive by using a mix of animes that had either a of nature of seduction, gothic look, vampirish tale. I love the blacked out eyes that he's done to all the female characters to highlight that they are/we the pros in seduction and get what we want. It very detailed but looks so simple which makes it a very loveable and amazing amv.

---------

[5:07:47 PM] CodeZTM: Q: Well thank you very much for joining me today. I'll ask the question on everyone's mind. WHY don't you ever seem to make a fullly featured AMV? They seem to just pop off at around the minute mark (such as Unapologetic)?

[5:11:26 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: Hahahah Yes... I know. Actually I have 3 , yes 3, FULL projects on the go at the moment. This is why I haven't uploaded any in a couple of months, plus my work obligations. T_T
Also as you can see in videos like in Unapologetic... I am a masking transition nutter. So doing a long project past 1 minute... kills my soul, but i am very proud of myself at the moment because in all 3 I am past 1 minute mark. YAY!
I have a trailer ( which was suppose to be for level up) almost completed, a Shakugan no shana vid and Madoka fan made trailer all on the way.
So I AM SORRY but I will get past the 1 min mark in time

---------

[5:12:36 PM] CodeZTM: Q: Haha. Nothing to apologize for. I understand the pain that maskign creates to all of us. So, you seem to have a love for masking transitions in AMVs. Is there a specific reason for this, instead of using something such as a striaght cut or crossfade?

[5:14:22 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: Well I think masking transitions make things more smoother and they can make things pop out. I only do hard cuts if it flows. My style is very much masking and flow. Beside with masking you can always do suttle effects with them, which is an added bonus.

---------

[5:15:21 PM] CodeZTM: Q: Moving right along, let's talk about some of your actual videos. Unapologetic is a personal favorite of mine. What made you deicde to re-cast the anime and create your own interesting take on the series?

[5:21:49 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: Aww thank you. Well I know the story I tried to tell within the amv wasn't grasped very well. So I know i need to work on story telling still.
I was listening to the song 'still alive' by lisa miskovsky. Then I quickly watched some amvs that had used the same song, and thought they all had the same familar layout. So i decided to do something slightly different and make two characters fight each other although they didn't have any real confrontations in the series, i believed i could alter some of the scenes and make it flow so it would appear that they would be. However, mami instead of being madoka's friend would be the evil character ( why i gave her red eyes) and capture her while homura would attempt to save her but couldn't.
I believe this is a different approach to the song, although slightly wierd, but the wierdness reflects me in my editing :)

---------

[5:22:59 PM] CodeZTM: So you got some inspiration from other AMVs with the same song? Is this a common thing that you do when developing concepts for upcoming projects?

[5:26:35 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: actually no. That was a first time for me. Usually i just get ideas when i listen to a song. The way I create AMVs is not by planning or searching for songs that would be good for a certain idea. More like I either am listening to itunes or listening to music on yt and ideas would pop into my mind. Then afterwards i would debate whether I have motivation and skills to create it. I do try to expand my editing skills, however most times i use them on collabs or mep track.

---------

[5:28:18 PM] CodeZTM: Oh I see. That's an interesting methodology. Anyway, let's get back your AMVs. Your Sherlock AMV was a very interesting experience for a trailer. What's the story behind this AMV's creation?

[5:34:15 PM | Edited 5:34:25 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: Haha yes that was Really fun to do! just seen sherlock holmes 2 trailer in the cinema and re-watched hidan no aria. And i just couldn't resist the temptation.
When i do trailers i don't try and match up similar scenes with the anime and trailer. In fact i prefer to make my own story and just use the trailer simply as audio. An example of this is night of shiki another trailer of mine.
But yes, this trailer i found was very fun to do and create.

---------

[5:35:38 PM] CodeZTM: So you're a member of Re-Evolution studios! Segwaying into this conversation with no personal bias whatsoever, what's it like working with them? As far as that goes, what are the benefits to working in a studio?

[5:41:24 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: Yes I am indeedy. I enjoy working with them and helping each other out like on the MEP that will hopefully be released soon. The benefits is having editors that have experience working with AE and can help you with learning new tricks or just simply inspiring me on effects or other editing methods I can use.
I am friends with everyone and with some i am very close friends to. I really like how everyone is friends and close because even if you don't talk in our main chat for a while you can always hop straight back into the conversations and not have worry about anything. Everyone has a good laugh and is always supportive.

[5:42:10 PM | Edited 5:42:21 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: Which I found with editing wise, and with an project that i am setting up at the moment they have been more than willing to help me out. So i am very happy and proud to be part of this studio

---------

[5:43:18 PM] CodeZTM: As a more YouTube-oriented editor, is there a specific reason why you choose to not be as active with a-m-v.org?

[5:43:52 PM] CodeZTM: Or perhaps a way that might make a-m-v.org more accessible to all editors?

[5:47:26 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: Urm well yes I am more You-Tube orientated because:

1) I started off on Youtube and I prefer to upload my shorter pieces onto YouTube, because i don't want to bombard a-m-v.org with them.

2) It's a bit of a long process of uploading an AMV onto org. I don't mind it too much, but sometimes? Sheesh, I can't be bothered, but I always upload my main and the ones I am more proud of onto org.

3) Faster responses I suppose. I would like to see what people think and how i can improve on future AMVs, although a-m-v.org has more constructive opinion/critisims. I love to read these, either negative or positive, and it doesn't phase me as long as i can get something out of it to help me progress with editing.
---------

[5:49:45 PM] CodeZTM: Well Vivamist, it has been a pleasure speaking with you. As we end this interview, is there anything you want to tell editors just starting out about the hobby? Maybe some advice?

[5:53:36 PM | Edited 5:54:19 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: I would tell them not to be dishearten by any negative comments it just editors/people's own opinions. So if your proud of your own work then it's A* to you.

Also, always start with the basics. I started off wanting to do all these effects on sony vegas.. doesn't really work, just ends up looking messy and obvious you are new to the program. So always start off with the basics, like pan and cropping, fades, colour blending and so on.

I would always say, ask for help if you don't know how to do something, ask a friend or put out a forum question and in the amv community here, there is always editors willing to help. Last and not least. Take your time on your editing it's not a race .
____

Monthly Calendar

March 26: Unconfirmed

____

Past Interviews/Discussions

Check the Main Thread for all relevant information about future Lip Flappers, as well as past/future interviews!

____

Next Time on "The Lip Flapper"
Next week's review is currently unconfirmed. I have two possible placements, but neither have finished.

This Friday will be the very first Codegenks dual review! We review an FLCL AMV that gote loves, and that I actually enjoyed as well!

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 14 - Vivamist

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I wasn't expecting a Lip Flapper of Vivamist so soon?! *_* ~It's like christmas came early!~

I love it ^_^ The unapologetic masking nut seems like a fitting title. xD Course, "Never Beyond 2-Minutes" might work too. :P

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:46 pm

CodeZTM wrote: [5:22:59 PM] CodeZTM: So you got some inspiration from other AMVs with the same song? Is this a common thing that you do when developing concepts for upcoming projects?

[5:26:35 PM] Vivamist [Re-Evo]: actually no. That was a first time for me. Usually i just get ideas when i listen to a song. The way I create AMVs is not by planning or searching for songs that would be good for a certain idea. More like I either am listening to itunes or listening to music on yt and ideas would pop into my mind. Then afterwards i would debate whether I have motivation and skills to create it. I do try to expand my editing skills, however most times i use them on collabs or mep track.
!
That's exactly the same for me

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:35 pm

good read. :)

Drageer
Org Profile

Post by Drageer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Dual review sounds interesting, knowing gote i can already guess what the flcl vid is.

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:39 pm

woot :3

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Nice Interview :o
kireblue wrote:
CodeZTM wrote: [5:22:59 PM] CodeZTM: So you got some inspiration from other AMVs with the same song? Is this a common thing that you do when developing concepts for upcoming projects?

!
x2
Everything I've created
has been done in this way

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:22 pm

-Kyros- wrote:Nice Interview :o
kireblue wrote:

!
x2
Everything I've created
has been done in this way
I also think is very exciting work in the mep
Most of mine that I have participated, are all organized by MEP of birthdays
But thanks to them I hold, not even doing my own amv, trained in the editing

Return to “General AMV”