Another

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
TEKnician
Org Profile

Re: Another

Post by TEKnician » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 pm

When Takako
Spoiler :
Screamed: KILL HER!
I couldn't stop laughing. :rofl:

But still...
Spoiler :
You gotta admit that chanting "return the dead back to death" was utterly cliché. :roll:
And I still think Mei is...
Spoiler :
Hot
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Spoiler :
Wow, loved this week's episode. It's like "Everyone's Makoto" from School Days, except replace the sex with gruesome, violent death. I think my favorite was Ogura falling out of the window, and that glorious splat.
I'm still upset that we only have 1 episode left. I'm gonna miss this show.
Image Image

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:32 pm

I just git caught up today; this show was a surprise and a half, to be honest! I didn't find the beginning entirely stimulating, but the story got REALLY good and I have generally liked all of the characters.
The only part I haven't enjoyed has been the plot device they've pulled with having
Spoiler :
Mei being able to see the color of death on people. Not only would she have been able to tell who the dead person was A LOT sooner, but it was kind of left field and extremely sudden.
I almost want to say it was something the writers put in so that they could end the show well, but I haven't read the manga so I really don't know. I was hoping initially that
Spoiler :
there was nothing special about her eye. At the start, my prayers for answered! She had surgery when she was younger,and so she received an artificial eye: the end. Then we learn that it has powers.
I dunno, I'm just tired of this cliche when the original idea was actually kind of realistic.

But I really am enjoying the show so far; can't wait for the next episode, even if it's the last.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:10 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:I almost want to say it was something the writers put in so that they could end the show well, but I haven't read the manga so I really don't know
It was a novel actually.
ImageImage

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 pm

It would be so romantically tragic if
Spoiler :
the mansion started burning down, Mei gets all sad and suicidal from guilt, Kouichi hugs her and starts slow dancing in a burning room, and as the room collapses, they lean in...
That would be a rather beautiful way to end this series. I wanted more character development!!!!!!!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 am

drewaconclusion wrote:
EkaCoralian wrote:I almost want to say it was something the writers put in so that they could end the show well, but I haven't read the manga so I really don't know
It was a novel actually.
Ah. Ok well, something the writers put in to end the show well different from the novels then. Have you read them? If so, is that actually a point in the story?

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

EkaCoralian wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
It was a novel actually.
Ah. Ok well, something the writers put in to end the show well different from the novels then. Have you read them? If so, is that actually a point in the story?
I haven't actually. I'm not planning to look into the
Spoiler :
eye/color of death
issue until after I've seen the final episode. I don't feel like inadvertently running into spoilers.
ImageImage

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 pm

omg

I just finished watching episode 3 and I'm sure I'll end up really loving the show. The story seems clichéd but for someone like me who used to watch Asian horror movies obsessively it's hard to come up with original school ghost stories. It looks somewhat like an anime version of the likes of Bunshinsaba and the Whispering Corridors franchise <3

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Come back after episode 5 and let us know if you still think it's a cliché.
Image Image

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:23 pm

I just can't wait to see the last episode!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”