dely in converting

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Grandfather of Anime
Org Profile

dely in converting

Post by Grandfather of Anime » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:42 pm

ok i been trying to convert my AMVs to place them on the website i've used 2 different video converting programs and one being the one here on the site, the Zarx264gui2, and once i converted them the videos have a delay the music no longer is on in-sync its off by about a second or two. and im trying to figure out why. i really don't know anything about the video converting but i know i did not have to do much on this one cause its not that big of a file but of course its over 100mb anyway i'm getting off course i could really use some help on this i don't want to have work hard on this AMVs and not be able to show it to people, please and thank you for the help
What can i say i love anime, music and this website

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: dely in converting

Post by Pwolf » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:24 pm

what version of Zarxgui are you using?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:59 am

Couple of things could be going on here.
Are you playing it on an Apple device? They are known to have sorta bad playback compatibility.

Try playing it in something like VLC 2.0 or mplayer and see if that works. This should let you know if its just a problem with your player, or a problem with the file.

Grandfather of Anime
Org Profile

Post by Grandfather of Anime » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 am

Pwolf wrote:what version of Zarxgui are you using?
Well im sure im using the latest version i got it from the help guide on the website that explains about compressing and etc unless theres another one out there?
Zarxrax wrote:Couple of things could be going on here.
Are you playing it on an Apple device? They are known to have sorta bad playback compatibility.

Try playing it in something like VLC 2.0 or mplayer and see if that works. This should let you know if its just a problem with your player, or a problem with the file.

well im using windows and im using windows media player to watch playback and like theres a really bad playback time on it of course so if i use VLC 2.0 and everythings fine it should play back fine for everyone else here when they download it or play it?
also while im here im trying to convert other files that are way bigger and it seems to convert them just fine with the music but when it switch scenes really fast it gets blocky and it like plays back about a sec or 2 of the last clip but im try watching it on VLC 2.0 and if that fixes it ill let yall know cuz this are really my 1st attempts at compressing videos and i've been trying this for a few days now ha but practice makes perfect well im try to see how it looks on VLC and get back to y'll on it

Grandfather of Anime
Org Profile

Post by Grandfather of Anime » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 am

Ok so i got VLC and that did fix my issue with the delay of my AMV and its just like the original, just curious how come it has that problem with my WMP but not VLC just wondering. also i watch my other amv on VLC and it still has that same problem the only way i can explain it is if the scenes move really fast then it gets really blocky and its a mixture of both scenes in the mean time im try messing around with it some more see if i can get it to work. Also just wanna make sure since my AMV that had the delay no longer has it on VLC will ppl that watch it get the dely if they are not watching it on VLC or once i upload it here will it not have that problem no matter what they watch it on? well thinks again for the help so far now let me see if i can get my other AMV to work

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:29 am

There really is nothing you can do to handle people using shitty players or not having the correct codecs installed for proper playback. It's a leap of faith you have to take.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:29 pm

>VLC fails at AVC decoding
>Nobody is surprised except the user
Protip: VLC doesn't work very well, default players on every OS suck, and CCCP's MPC-HC with LAV filters is all you really need, but good luck forcing all your users to do that short of a new container.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”