Dissonance - My first short movie is finally online!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Dissonance - My first short movie is finally online!

Post by Bauzi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 pm

WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE

An outsider lives a lonely life as genius. One day some irregularities force him to break up his locked up self and face his own past...
Genre: Mysterie, drama, a very little bit of horror/terror

Hey guys!

It's been quite a long time since I was here to announce something. Today I don't have any AMV for you. I've spent more than a year with projects of my digital film class at college and today I give you my first short movie project. If you were ever interessted what an AMV editor can do with a camera in his hand, than check this out! With this short movie we (me and my partner) where able to conquer the title of best project in my class.

Check it out and let me hear what you think about it. Many thanks =)

For everybody who's interessted: This was filmed with various Nikon prime lenses, Tamron 28-78mm 2.8, Tamron 18-200mm 3.5-5.0 and of course my lovely Canon EOS 7D with Cinestyle. =) You want to hear more details about the technical equipment? Just ask me ;D
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Dissonance - My first short movie is finally online!

Post by Pwolf » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Nice, I liked it.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Damn, that was hell of claustrophobic.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Awesome.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:15 am

Thx for the feedback! I just got the idea that I could upload a download of the video on dropbox. Well I have to play first with encoding settings. This is quite intense to encode and on filesize. Let's see!
Kitsuner wrote:Damn, that was hell of claustrophobic.
Thanks for that comment! This caught me by surprise. The movie was never intended to be claustrophobic, but you're so right about it! Everything is crammed up, there are clocks constantly ticking and this omnipresent darkness all pressing down on him. Consuming major parts of his face and body. Hmmm... Nice final results! :rofl:
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Weird, but cool. Great job dude. Big up.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:23 pm

It was pretty cool bauz.

I don't really know what to say for anything other than a viewer standpoint cause I dont know anything about directing or filmography. So as a viewer I'd say i really liked the atmosphere it presents and I like the usage of black and white to go with it as well as music. My only complaint about it really as a viewer was some of the scenes seemed way to dark (maybe lighting could be something to work better on in next film?), i'm not sure if that was implied or not, it may have been in a few places like with the lantern obviously. Either way its a good work, enjoyed.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 am

:up: :up:
Also alternative interpretation of ending:
Spoiler :
He got drunk :ying:
Good job.
Still better than that MMO.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Okay here is the download version of a high quality encode for everybody who is still interessted:
Download from dah dropbox

Are you satisfied with dropbox download speed? I think about hosting my vids on it permanently.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:26 pm

pretty baller.

Return to “General Discussion”