Good Aussie AMVs

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Tonstar
Org Profile

Good Aussie AMVs

Post by Tonstar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:44 am

Ive seen a lot of really good amvs lately and they all seem to come from America, France, Russia, etc, but havent seen any amvs from Aussie(Australian) editors. Can anyone let me know of some "good" or "well made" amvs made by Aussies. Being an Australian myself i'd like to see what local talent there is. Oh, and i dont care what genre they are either, just not all action amvs please. Thanks.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Good Aussie AMVs

Post by Pwolf » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:15 am

There are no good Aussie editors... >.>

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFallenAngel25
She's Aussie, and I gotta say I lurve her videos.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 am

I would normally have told you to go to http://www.amvience.com since that was the hang out place for all the active Australian editors but these days we're pretty quiet back there. I don't know where all them youngin's are congregating these days.

Anyway, I'm Australian and I do good shit. People who worked on this video also do/did good shit.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:01 am

Pwolf wrote:There are no good Aussie editors... >.>
we have good Aussie editors. Especially in this town of Perth which used to only have Prodigi... damn they came out of nowhere the past couple of years. They don't get involved with here though, these days I'd be stupid to encourage anyone to join this community though lol.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 am

OropherZero wrote:They don't get involved with here though, these days I'd be stupid to encourage anyone to join this community though lol.
why not?

Tonstar
Org Profile

Post by Tonstar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 am

OropherZero wrote: we have good Aussie editors. Especially in this town of Perth which used to only have Prodigi... damn they came out of nowhere the past couple of years. They don't get involved with here though, these days I'd be stupid to encourage anyone to join this community though lol.
I live in Kalgoorlie at the moment but make trips to perth/bunbury often. I only learnt about supanova last year(right after they had it in Perth, dammit) and Wai-con just now. I didnt think we even had any amv cons in WA. Im still quite new to AMV editing and have only made a few crappy ones but really want to get into it more.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:45 am

Tonstar wrote:
OropherZero wrote: we have good Aussie editors. Especially in this town of Perth which used to only have Prodigi... damn they came out of nowhere the past couple of years. They don't get involved with here though, these days I'd be stupid to encourage anyone to join this community though lol.
I live in Kalgoorlie at the moment but make trips to perth/bunbury often. I only learnt about supanova last year(right after they had it in Perth, dammit) and Wai-con just now. I didnt think we even had any amv cons in WA. Im still quite new to AMV editing and have only made a few crappy ones but really want to get into it more.
Supanova doesn't have an AMV competition which I'm glad they don't because it's an awesome convention and if AMV puts it at risk due to the legality of AMVs then it's better to not have AMVs there at all. WAI-Con has a really good AMV competition and there's a small group of passionate editors who enter the main competition and iron chef competitions. I don't know them too well since I can never wake up in time for the screening but if you like AMVs then it'll be cool if you introduce yourself to them, they'll probably be at the AMV panels, just a shame that all we do now during the panels is show comedy vids =)

Tonstar
Org Profile

Post by Tonstar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I look forward to meeting other WA editors, learning more and, hell, maybe ill eventually make something worthy enough.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Theres many WA AMV editors and only a very few in NSW. All I know that are from NSW here are Shinnie04 and me myself

Return to “General AMV”