Pencil Head Puzzles & Broken Locals

Corzama
Org Profile

Pencil Head Puzzles & Broken Locals

Post by Corzama » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:45 pm

In all honesty I could care less how much someones going to read this post an go "omg but.."

No in ALL seriousness, I came to review an amv only to be met with some wacky puzzles.
My spare time is limited, an this was uncalled for to prevent me from reviewing this.

I google around, go ahead say i'm not intelligent or w/e, I have things to do an can't be bothered
to mess with some wacky puzzle crap. The guys not even Nostromo! so >.>

Professionally speaking you don't do this crap when you want real reviews.
Before someone says I could find the amv elsewhere, maybe you wanna "guestimate" but I don't.

Someone should pull his stuff off eligibility for awards till he gets it thru his head not to puzzle protect his amvs.
But thats just ME saying here.

Aside from THAT mess, I have noticed a bunch of "local downloads" just don't work, flat out "nothing happens"
even if you click the "click here if.. blah blah".

So to point out before someone else says something & the trolls eat my post alive with flamers, some of us read
the forums, faqs, etc ages ago an login once in awhile to review stuff.. plz PLZ don't post reminders out of annoyance.

Signed,

Very frustrated & time challenged.

Broken below:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=181567

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=184653

I'm sure theres more.. someone should just look thru them all on the list for 2012,
also it has been a problem going back many years.. someone should fix this one day.
Signed,

Corzama

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Pencil Head Puzzles & Broken Locals

Post by Otohiko » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:43 am

What is wrong with those links? Just checked them, and they're working perfectly fine. Make sure that you click "proceed" if you don't have donator status - then wait the 5 seconds it tells you to wait at the top of the page, and voila.

As for PencilHead, it is in no way affiliated with the site and was up to the creator to do. You can easily find the video elsewhere. As far as it's eligibility for the contest - it's entered in the catalogue, and our Viewers' Choice Awards nominees and winners are determined by voting. Why would the site prevent people from voting for a video that breaks no site rules? It's also worth pointing out that the site is not the only place where the video got a lot of positive response and won awards. However if you're not happy with it, you should contact the creator.

As for
The guys not even Nostromo! so >.>
That was dumb and uncalled for :down:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 am

Nostromo color grades girls and sets them to music. Monkeys do this on a daily basis with typewriters.

Eraserhead is a great movie by David Lynch. I suggest you watch that, maybe that will answer your questions.

Pencil face is not even a :bear:

Has anyone ever been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:05 am

but he's right, they aren't nostromo ._. I can see where he probably has a prob. The links are fine.

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:14 am

ZephyrStar wrote:
Eraserhead is a great movie by David Lynch. I suggest you watch that, maybe that will answer your questions.
:up:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:28 am

If qwaqa was Nostromo, he would be called Nostromo and not qwaqa |:
ZephyrStar wrote:Nostromo color grades girls and sets them to music. Monkeys do this on a daily basis with typewriters.

Pencil face is not even a :bear:

Has anyone ever been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
How many qwaqs would qwaqa qwaq if qwaqa could qwaq qwaqs?

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:15 am

Nya-chan Production wrote: How many qwaqs would qwaqa qwaq if qwaqa could qwaq qwaqs?
Does this sound really dirty to anyone else or should I be ashamed because my mind has reached new lows?

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:27 am

Shin-AMV wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote: How many qwaqs would qwaqa qwaq if qwaqa could qwaq qwaqs?
Does this sound really dirty to anyone else or should I be ashamed because my mind has reached new lows?
Oh my LOL.
The guys not even Nostromo! so >.>
So what? O.o

Corzama
Org Profile

Post by Corzama » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:59 am

As usual, a bunch of upset people an confused ones.

As I said the only downloads on those urls are "locals" an despite dropping
every pc defense I have an switching pc's & browsers I cannot get more than
a prompt to click here if nothing has happened or w/e.

As for my comment about Nostromo, if you don't like him or agree with me so be it.

I stand behind my own words. If you want a review you shouldn't "lock" your work
in such a manner that keeps people from reviewing it with limited time on their hands.
Signed,

Corzama

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:15 am

There's nothing wrong with those links on the site's end. The issue is on your system. Pop-up blocker perhaps?

EDIT - That's not to say we don't have any broken links on the site. I just found at least 50 broken DIRECT links for videos released in just the past 3 weeks with minimal effort.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”