Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Re: Little things you hate?

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:27 pm

When you're in the middle of a conversation and articulating a point about whatever the subject is very thoughtfully and...wait, what was I saying?

People in my family constantly telling me how they wish I could 'get back to sleeping normally'. I've pretty clearly been dealing with Non-24 Hour (self-diagnosed, but the consistently skewing delays fit to a tee) for, oh, about 8 years now, after dealing with late night work disruption when I was in senior year of high school. Don't get mad at me for something that's common knowledge. And really, I do 'sleep normally' (as in, 8 - or more usually, 9-10 - hours at a time), I just don't sleep at standard set times.

On that linguistics point, misconceptions about English grammar or dialects being parroted as fact when they're little more than one person's opinion, actually a case of hypercorrection, or are flat out wrong about the origins of whatever the thing is that's being contested.

Lipomas. Bonus points because, like the thread title, they really are little things I hate. As in, the largest ones I have are maybe 1.5cm in diameter. Also, the amount of trouble it would be to get them all removed, especially since the scarring would make my forearms look like I got caught in a fan.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:12 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:This. And to add on to this, when I'm at work and someone tells me to do something I'm in the process of doing.
UUUAAHHAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH this. Its giving me oppositional defiant disorder.

-when someone comes in at the VERY END of a long conversation and asks "what?" or "who?" and then you have to proceeded to re-explain the whole thing over. bonus rage if ANOTHER person shows up at the end of this.

-another reversal, when you miss the very first part of a conversation or piece on the radio, and they NEVER mention what or who they're talking about again. bonus rage for every 20 seconds of inane chatter about the subject they tack on
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:14 am

Taite wrote:Must add, again: Losing an hour to daylight savings time, which takes place tonight. fml. :cry:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:06 am

Jadecavy wrote:
Taite wrote:Must add, again: Losing an hour to daylight savings time, which takes place tonight. fml. :cry:

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:
Ileia wrote:Oh and, along with that, when people try to teach me things I already know. I realize they probably just weren't aware that I knew and usually have good intentions, but I still interpret it as condescending.
This. And to add on to this, when I'm at work and someone tells me to do something I'm in the process of doing.
That is one of my biggest pet peeves in the world. My mother does it to me all the time, it's like she HAS to have the satisfaction of telling me to do something when I'm already doing it.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Haar119
Org Profile

Post by Haar119 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 am

People who can't accept differing opinions and constantly question my tastes in anime with remarks such as "maybe if you watched this show again, you'd like it."
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Statz
Org Profile

Post by Statz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:06 pm

When I'm eating a sandwich and the bread gets stuck to the roof of my mouth. Its damn-near impossible to get off with my tongue but I'll refuse to use my fingers!

Haar119
Org Profile

Post by Haar119 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Statz wrote:When I'm eating a sandwich and the bread gets stuck to the roof of my mouth. Its damn-near impossible to get off with my tongue but I'll refuse to use my fingers!
Is using a napkin or drinking a glass of water out of the question?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:23 pm

I. Totally. Forgot about. This.

Tomorrow is going to suck.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Having a sudden nosebleed in the subway and not having any tissues :?

Return to “General Discussion”