BRAVE10

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

BRAVE10

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:26 pm

AniDB wrote:The story takes place during the Warring States period, approximately a year before the Battle of Sekigahara.

Kirigakure Saizou, a Iga Ninja in search of his life's path, comes across Isanami, an Izumo shrine maiden, being attacked by assassins. Isanami, who survived the burning of Izumo Temple by Tokugawa Ieyasu's forces, is traveling to Shinshuu to seek sanctuary with Sanada Yukimura.

At the same time, Sanada Yukimura is in the midst of gathering 10 men of extraordinary valor, the Sanada Ten Braves, whose strengths are able to alter the course of history. In the course of their continuous battles, the mysterious power hidden within Isanami will awaken...

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: BRAVE10

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:59 am

Is it just me or do those characters look suspiciously familiar to those from Hakuouki.....? Oh well I'll probably check out the first few episodes for this and see if I'll keep following since I like feudal types. I just hope it's not as bad as Hakuouki. |:>

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Liked the first episodes!
Not much into action anime so I secretly hope for more romance...
AimoAio wrote:Is it just me or do those characters look suspiciously familiar to those from Hakuouki.....?
I personally find a lot of samurai -type anime usually have the same characteristics and themes going on. But I do hope it will be much much better than Hakuouki. Since that was very .. disappointing.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Chained(E)Studio wrote:
AimoAio wrote:Is it just me or do those characters look suspiciously familiar to those from Hakuouki.....?
I personally find a lot of samurai -type anime usually have the same characteristics and themes going on. But I do hope it will be much much better than Hakuouki. Since that was very .. disappointing.
So true. That show was just...bad.

But I'm quite liking this so far, probably because the main female isn't as bad as I envisioned. Sure she's annoying and she's also useless (most the time) but hey at least she knows it and doesn't bother trying to act strong, instead clings to Saizo and asks him to protect her. XD

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:18 am

Ep. 9 so good
Spoiler :
Not surprised Isanami's power is from the hair pin itself, I am assuming the hairpin is some sort of limiter? Or maybe something used to "trick" people so they don't take Isanami herself? Not sure, but love love love how this is going. Not quite sure how I feel about Ana.. I think in the end she will turn out good... or die XD

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Chained(E)Studio wrote:Ep. 9 so good
Spoiler :
Not surprised Isanami's power is from the hair pin itself, I am assuming the hairpin is some sort of limiter? Or maybe something used to "trick" people so they don't take Isanami herself? Not sure, but love love love how this is going. Not quite sure how I feel about Ana.. I think in the end she will turn out good... or die XD
x2. And here I thought I was the only one still following this show...xD
Spoiler :
From what I understand in the episode, the darkness IS Isanami's power and the hairpin is the limiter to stop her from going crazy and killing everything. So I guess without it, her power just leaks out uncontrollably. And I'm sorta sad Ana was a spy. I didn't really see that coming to be honest. (though episode 8's preview kinda spoiled that already xD)
I'm wondering how they'll wrap this up because it's supposed to end in 3 episodes and I feel like they've only just gotten around to the proper story since the first chunk of it was used to introduce the characters. I don't want a shit ending please. :uhoh:

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Spoiler :
From what I understand in the episode, the darkness IS Isanami's power and the hairpin is the limiter to stop her from going crazy and killing everything. So I guess without it, her power just leaks out uncontrollably. And I'm sorta sad Ana was a spy. I didn't really see that coming to be honest. (though episode 8's preview kinda spoiled that already xD)
I'm wondering how they'll wrap this up because it's supposed to end in 3 episodes and I feel like they've only just gotten around to the proper story since the first chunk of it was used to introduce the characters. I don't want a shit ending please. :uhoh:
Yeah, I meant isn't* lol.. though even now her power keeps leaking out all over place. The only one she seems most calm with is Saizo. So guess that makes sense he is the opposite of her >.< (and I'm pretty sure they like each other in some way) And me too. Maybe we will get a second series or something or so I wish =''D

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Chained(E)Studio wrote:And me too. Maybe we will get a second series or something or so I wish =''D
I know the manga has 8 volumes. And it just recently got re-titled so it seems to be an on-going series. It makes me wonder how much content of the first 8 volumes actually got covered in these 12 episodes.

So summing up from the last few eps:
Spoiler :
Ana is a spy sent to Sanada to get Rokuro's "special eye" but she fails and he destroys this eye instead, so then she escapes and her "team" to come and kill off all the Braves. But later it's explained she's being forced to do this because of some relic/object that belonged to her family and she wants it back...? Oh and also the Braves are totally being owned at the moment by the "Iga Team" who are awfully strong. Although I keep getting the feeling some twist will happen or some new team will come into the story and save them. :uhoh: And for that I suspect white haired crazy dude who kidnapped Isanami from earlier.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 am

Well finally finished, was good but too short :/
It ends like there could be a possibility of a second season but guess time will tell... until then
Spoiler :
I'l just keep hoping Isanami and Saizo get together =p

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”