I would like to make a case for Avatar to be included

TheDevian
Org Profile

Re: I would like to make a case for Avatar to be included

Post by TheDevian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:14 am

I was wrong, sorry was 2 indirects and a direct. sorry the subtle nuances of some of this is new to me.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:31 am

But the rule IS only Japanese sources.
Aachi & Ssipak was likely erroneously confirmed because it is listed on anidb (edit: see below, it wasn't, in fact all videos were indirect/direct, no local). However, if you try to search avatar on anidb, well, this is the page that turns out. You can search for avatar on anidb for yourself. Thought I'd point this out 'cause it's funny. :P
Anyway, yes, Aachi & Ssipak does not count as anime for the org. I only had seen it listed in meps/collabs along with other sources, hence why I never realized it was listed as anime (I have not checked yet, so it might not be either way). Will duly fix the entries, thanks for the report.
And sorry, but no Avatar for you as it is not Japanese, that's just how things work here.

EDIT: Actually, Aachi & Ssipak was already listed as NOT anime. It was just people making entries. Will just have to delete the entries.
EDIT2: All Avatar only and Aachi & Ssipak only entries deleted from the catalog.
EDIT3: Code Lyoko vids dealt with as well. If you have any other sources/videos to report, please do so.

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I think it was just one of those things that was decided along time ago when it came up...it could even have been a ...haha...legality issue or something like that
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:07 pm

I rest my case... :bear:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:14 pm

I still like the original idea of having a liveaction/non-anime subforum in general discussion that was talked about a while back.

TheDevian
Org Profile

Post by TheDevian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:50 pm

If the rule is only Japanese and was being enforced that way, then that is fine, it just 'seeeemed' like that was not the case, so I thought I would try. (tho still, it is far closer to Japanese than is A&S or Code Lyoko, and I maintain that position), but it would be nice to have a place for other stuff like it.

As for 'your case' Roku is also a Japanese word (the name of the last avatar), as is almost everything in there from the Fire Nation (even if some were spelled wrong). Lots of words are Japanese. It doesn't make it relevant to the discussion.

TheDevian
Org Profile

Post by TheDevian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 pm

and actually the word Anime, is NOT a Japanese word, but a borrowed word from English that is a shortened form of Animation. If you go to Japan, then every animated anything is called anime. (just for the record)

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:16 pm

TheDevian wrote:If the rule is only Japanese and was being enforced that way, then that is fine, it just 'seeeemed' like that was not the case, so I thought I would try. (tho still, it is far closer to Japanese than is A&S or Code Lyoko, and I maintain that position), but it would be nice to have a place for other stuff like it.

As for 'your case' Roku is also a Japanese word (the name of the last avatar), as is almost everything in there from the Fire Nation (even if some were spelled wrong). Lots of words are Japanese. It doesn't make it relevant to the discussion.
"Japanese" as in "Japanese production or co-production".

If you think it would be nice to have a place for animate (not anime) music videos - go and make it?
I also think it would be nice to have a place for people who like to roleplay silver-haired girls with flat chests, but don't insist it should be here. And if I ever feel the need for such place would be cool, I'll go and help make it ;x

And I think most of the people here are familiar with the etymology of the word "anime". Thanks for those who didn't know anyway~

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:22 pm

TheDevian wrote:and actually the word Anime, is NOT a Japanese word, but a borrowed word from English that is a shortened form of Animation. If you go to Japan, then every animated anything is called anime. (just for the record)
Yes they use the word 'anime' to describe anything animated, however if we were to use it that way we'd have to allow Spongebob Squarepants because the Japanese call it anime.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:43 pm

TheDevian wrote:and actually the word Anime, is NOT a Japanese word, but a borrowed word from English that is a shortened form of Animation. If you go to Japan, then every animated anything is called anime. (just for the record)

I bet the other kids in your Anime Club think you're sugoi.

:ying:

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”