Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Ijexis
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Post by Ijexis » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Miracle_Falcon wrote:Thanks for your response, Adam - luckily, l33tmeatwad has been kind enough to offer his help, and we've been able to get the videos lookin' good in the right format and size. However, one of my videos which I'm submitting is an AMV hell style video, and I'm having some difficulty with the submission process because I can't put all the songs or artists involved in the submission box. I couldn't find any instructions in the rules on how to handle this - should I just put "Various" for the artists and songs?
"Various" should work just fine, that's what I've always done when I find that I quite don't have enough room.

adferraro
Org Profile

Post by adferraro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Ijexis wrote:
Miracle_Falcon wrote:Thanks for your response, Adam - luckily, l33tmeatwad has been kind enough to offer his help, and we've been able to get the videos lookin' good in the right format and size. However, one of my videos which I'm submitting is an AMV hell style video, and I'm having some difficulty with the submission process because I can't put all the songs or artists involved in the submission box. I couldn't find any instructions in the rules on how to handle this - should I just put "Various" for the artists and songs?
"Various" should work just fine, that's what I've always done when I find that I quite don't have enough room.
List what it gives you room for, don't worry about the rest. Contest wise, it will most likely end up with Various for the audio listing.

Thanks,
Adam

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Anime Boston 2012 AMV Submission Instructions wrote:6) Once the upload completes, you will be taken back to the AMV information page. Information on your uploaded file is there, including an MD5 Checksum value. You can use the MD5 Checksum value to verify that your file was uploaded completely.
This is a thing that did not happen. I just got signed out automatically, and when I sign back in the upload status says "open," which is what it said before I uploaded the videos.

Not sure if I sure be concerned.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:
Anime Boston 2012 AMV Submission Instructions wrote:6) Once the upload completes, you will be taken back to the AMV information page. Information on your uploaded file is there, including an MD5 Checksum value. You can use the MD5 Checksum value to verify that your file was uploaded completely.
This is a thing that did not happen. I just got signed out automatically, and when I sign back in the upload status says "open," which is what it said before I uploaded the videos.

Sounds pretty similar to what was happening to me.
ImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
Warlike Swans wrote:

Sounds pretty similar to what was happening to me.
Your video may not have uploaded either, you can see how my inquiry played out on the AB boards here: http://forums.animeboston.com/viewtopic ... 56#p221456

adferraro
Org Profile

Post by adferraro » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 pm

If you are uncertain whether your video completely uploaded, you can email me and I will check and let you know. I do have a workaround in place if need be. The webmaster is still working on resolving the issue, but it is sporadic, and that is making things a little tough to pin it down.

Thanks,
Adam

AB 2012 Music Video Contest Coordinator

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:40 am

I'm in!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Did the deadline already passed?....

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:07 pm

No, the deadline was extended to March 10th.
adferraro wrote:Hi All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that after careful consideration, the entry deadline for the Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest has been extended to March 10, 2012. Please make sure your entries are in by that time, as there will only be one week between the deadline and the prescreening.

Thanks, and Good Luck!

Adam

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Question, do I REALLY need to re- render my videos to 23.976fps...
Can I just send 29.976fps?

EDIT:
Never mind I'll just do it.

Return to “AMV Contests”