The Lip Flapper : Volume 11.3 - To Attend or Not To Attend?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 11.3 - To Attend or Not To Atte

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 pm

zibbazabba905 wrote:Gah I'm at a buridan's ass situation... I was able to get a pass for my local convention, however it sold out before any of my friends were able to get one. I do love going to these and already have the time off and all that, However I'd be going alone (and without a room, but its only a 45 minute drive away). I'm not a very social person, so its not like It'd be easy to just find a group and join them there... So I either go alone, or I sell my pass and do something different with the money (they are selling for 3 to 4 times as much as they cost! they really underestimated the amount of people who want to go!) What sucks is it feels like I'm going to do neither
what convention are you talking about? Are you sure that they sold out of all registrations? Or did they just sell out of pre-registrations?

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
My biggest complaints about contest screenings is when the audio is too loud or distorted. You can't get into a good mood and feel out the nuances of videos if they're cranking the volume and killing the dynamic range.
Volume can get painful.

The order of categories and number of categories can also impact the flow of a contest a lot for me (though I am attention deficit, so it may not affect others in the same way). If comedy is left until the end of a contest, upbeat should break up some of the heavier categories so the middle of the contest doesn't drag.

Very cold AMV rooms can also be a problem.... but I think that's a matter that's in the hands of the convention centers/hotels, so kinda irrelevant here.

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:01 pm

kireblue wrote: what convention are you talking about? Are you sure that they sold out of all registrations? Or did they just sell out of pre-registrations?
Anime Detour... yeah they sold all their registration a month before the preregistration deadline ran out
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:32 pm

zibbazabba905 wrote:
kireblue wrote: what convention are you talking about? Are you sure that they sold out of all registrations? Or did they just sell out of pre-registrations?
Anime Detour... yeah they sold all their registration a month before the preregistration deadline ran out
Seems like a small con or an overly small venue - Can't tell, though, as they don't seem to have issued attendance figures in a press release since 2008.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General AMV”