What slows it down the most?

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
zibbazabba905
Org Profile

What slows it down the most?

Post by zibbazabba905 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm reworking a video, and most of it is done, but when I'm working the preview window is too slow/unresponsive to actually "preview" anything. What extra things should I look for to speed up the project? Is it unused clips, or too many effects? is there some sort of buffer I can clear out? and is there any automated way of smooshing the clips down into the least amount of tracks needed and getting rid of unused tracks?
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: What slows it down the most?

Post by irriadin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 pm

The amount of effects definitely makes it run slow. If you can get a good sense of your video by turning them off in the preview pane, that should help a lot. If not, try changing the Preview quality to "preview (half)" or even "preview (quarter)" Using the UTVideo codec over other lossless codecs (like the appropriately named lagarith) also makes things smoother, but it's probably too late to change this if you're already reworking a video.

If you're using Vegas 11, using GPU-driven plugins speeds things up A LOT.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: What slows it down the most?

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:26 am

Also Shift + B loads part of the video into memory, so that might work too, if only for a short part of the video~

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”