Zarx264gui 2.0 final

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264gui 2.0 final

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't have anything to encode right now, but I'll give it a try when I do. :)
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:27 pm

works fine

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 am

Yeah, so I encoded my latest amv with it, both 720p and 480p using batch mode. :up:
Although I don't have Quicktime installed, but it seems okay with libvoaac.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:59 pm

As an FYI, Norton has a severe problem with 2.0. I've never seen Norton pounce on something and whisk it away to Quarantine so fast without even bothering to let me know what it was doing.

For a bit I thought the Zarx wasn't working correctly, but then it turned out that Norton had confiscated the master exe. file and that's why the program wouldn't load. If you restore the file from quarantine, everything works fine, but I've never had this issue with any of the other versions of Zarx264Gui. @_@

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:18 am

you may need to update your scanning software then.
https://www.virustotal.com/file/cbb142a ... 330344999/

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 am

Or just use something that isn't a bloated wreck surviving only by name-recognition from the 90s and corporate/government/education entrenchment. So. basically, something that's not Norton or McAfee.

More to topic, I don't ever want to install the mac virus known as quicktime to my system, but i'm noticing some definite desync occurring when I compress betas. Also realized that some form of quicktime is already on my system, or CS5 really seems to think it is, as whenever I do a "replace clip with AE comp" in premiere, I get an AE comp with the clip as an asset with the label of "quicktime" applied to it. What is zarxgui actually checking for? Or, is my AE drunk?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:More to topic, I don't ever want to install the mac virus known as quicktime to my system, but i'm noticing some definite desync occurring when I compress betas. Also realized that some form of quicktime is already on my system, or CS5 really seems to think it is, as whenever I do a "replace clip with AE comp" in premiere, I get an AE comp with the clip as an asset with the label of "quicktime" applied to it. What is zarxgui actually checking for? Or, is my AE drunk?
x264 looks for an installation of Quicktime. If it finds it, it uses Quicktime's encoding engine (as --fullhelp and ./configure refer to it, qtaac) to encode AAC at the same time as the video gets encoded. This is possible because, like the qtaacenc and qaac command-line frontends, x264 was built against the Quicktime SDK (only possible because L-SMASH is included, which also includes the changes from x264-audio). If it doesn't find Quicktime, it uses libvo-aac, which Zarx noted to have the potential for sync issues.

I don't have a clue as to whether hacked solutions like Quicktime Alternative are suitable for this purpose. I would assume no, but maybe the SDK doesn't care whether it's a real install or just can find the codecs.

If you aren't dead-set on using AAC (and are outputting to MKV), create a .BAT, and change --acodec qtaac to --acodec vorbis. That might resolve the sync, since it's using Vorbis rather than AAC. From x264's --fullhelp readout:

Code: Select all

--acodec <string>       Audio codec [auto]
                              Available settings:
                                  - auto (select muxer default codec and its default encoder)
                                  - copy (copy source audio without transcoding)
                                  - none (disable audio)
                                Set audio format only and automatically choose encoder
                                  - raw, aac, ac3, eac3, alac, mp2, pcm_f32be, pcm_f32le, pcm_f64be,
                                    pcm_f64le, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_s24be, pcm_s24le,
                                    pcm_s32be, pcm_s32le, pcm_s8, pcm_u16be, pcm_u16le,
                                    pcm_u24be, pcm_u24le, pcm_u32be, pcm_u32le, pcm_u8,
                                    vorbis, 
                                Force to use specified audio encoder
                                'ff' prefix indicate they are supported via libavcodec
                                  - raw, qtaac, (ff)libvo_aacenc, (ff)aac, (ff)ac3, (ff)eac3,
                                    (ff)alac, (ff)mp2, (ff)pcm_f32be, (ff)pcm_f32le, (ff)pcm_f64be,
                                    (ff)pcm_f64le, (ff)pcm_s16be, (ff)pcm_s16le, (ff)pcm_s24be,
                                    (ff)pcm_s24le, (ff)pcm_s32be, (ff)pcm_s32le, (ff)pcm_s8,
                                    (ff)pcm_u16be, (ff)pcm_u16le, (ff)pcm_u24be, (ff)pcm_u24le,
                                    (ff)pcm_u32be, (ff)pcm_u32le, (ff)pcm_u8, (ff)vorbis,
You could also use AC3, EAC3, MP2, ALAC, or choose from a large selection of PCM formats.

I was under the impression that After Effects depends on Quicktime for some of the previewing functions, though. It certainly complained to me about Quicktime crashing during the times I had to preview stuff in AE, although I dunno if the CS-series has made that situation any better.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:11 pm

I'll note, though, that qaac.exe itself only depends on Apple Application Support, not Quicktime. As they have on the website:
Since 1.00, qaac directly uses CoreAudioToolbox.dll. Therefore, QuickTime installation is no more required. However, Apple Application Support is required.

Apple Application Support is included in recent Apple products such as iTunes, QuickTime, or Safari. Therefore, you can install it via installation of one of these products. However, Apple Application Support itself is actually independently packaged as AppleApplicationSupport.msi. If you want, you can extract it from installer exe file using 7-zip archiver, and directly run AppleApplicationSupport.msi. This way, you can install only necessary modules to run qaac. No iTunes, QuickTime, or Safari needed.

You need recent Apple Application Support package (QuickTime >= 7.7.1, or iTunes >= 10.5). With older version, at least AAC-HE encoder is not usable, and there might be some other problems. Of course, the latest version is desirable.

It would then be possible to encode the audio with qaac.exe first, then mux after-the-fact with L-SMASH's muxer.exe or mkvmerge (as I personally wouldn't bother trying to load an external audio file into x264, but if that's what you do, then use --audiofile filename --acodec copy instead of --acodec qtaac).
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Libvoaac shouldnt have any serious desync, just 1-2 frames, really no worse than back when i was using nero as the aac encoder.
The quality should be passable. I doubt anyone other than an audiophile could really tell a big difference, especially at the bitrates that are typically used.

Dusk252
Org Profile

Post by Dusk252 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello.
I have a bit of a problem here. Whenever I try to use Zarx264gui to compress a .mp4 file, I get this line in the log, no matter which audio options I choose: mp4 [info]: audio muxing feature is disabled. and the output file comes with no audio.
I have quicktime installed and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, so I'd be grateful if someone could enlighten me on this, please.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”