I-con 31 AMV Contest *Updated With Winners*

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
fullmetalcan
Org Profile

I-con 31 AMV Contest *Updated With Winners*

Post by fullmetalcan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Hello, I'm speaking on behalf of the I-con Anime staff. We are having our convention on March 29th and we don't have a single submission for our AMV/FMV contest.

We're a very small con but we always have a good turn up for people who want to watch the AMVs, but never enough contestants.

You don't have to attend to enter. Just go to our site http://iconsf.org/activities/anime.php and submit! The due date says March 2nd on the form, but we are extending it to the 12th.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: I-con 31 AMV Contest *Need Submissions*

Post by Warlike Swans » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Ummm... The finalists and winners were never announced from last year's contest.

fullmetalcan
Org Profile

Post by fullmetalcan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:42 pm

I recently answered a PM from another contestant from last year regarding this issue.

The winners from last year were announced on the I-con forum, but the forums have since been closed. I apologize if you didn't get to see them.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:56 pm

fullmetalcan wrote:I recently answered a PM from another contestant from last year regarding this issue.

The winners from last year were announced on the I-con forum, but the forums have since been closed. I apologize if you didn't get to see them.
perhaps they should be updated here too in the future as these pages stay up. It helps to be able to go back and see who won previous years...
ImageImage
ImageImage

fullmetalcan
Org Profile

Post by fullmetalcan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:04 pm

SammySamaProductions wrote:
fullmetalcan wrote:I recently answered a PM from another contestant from last year regarding this issue.

perhaps they should be updated here too in the future as these pages stay up. It helps to be able to go back and see who won previous years...
You're right. In hindsight, I know I should have posted here, too.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:23 pm

fullmetalcan wrote:
my previous post wasn't meant to be snide (though reading it again kind of sounded as such) I just like to go back previous years to conventions I submit to in order to get a feel for what kind of videos do well. Though that always changes from year to year but you can sometimes tell the type of video that will do well ^_^ you know?
ImageImage
ImageImage

fullmetalcan
Org Profile

Post by fullmetalcan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

SammySamaProductions wrote:
fullmetalcan wrote:
my previous post wasn't meant to be snide (though reading it again kind of sounded as such) I just like to go back previous years to conventions I submit to in order to get a feel for what kind of videos do well. Though that always changes from year to year but you can sometimes tell the type of video that will do well ^_^ you know?
No, it didn't come off as snide at all. I also understand that it's disappointing for people who won who weren't able to see that they did.

It was my first time running the con and I obviously slipped up here and there but I'm going to take the constructive crit and not make that mistake again.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:37 pm

fullmetalcan wrote: I'm going to take the constructive crit and not make that mistake again.
That's all we can ask for ^_^ I should be sending something your way shortly ^_^
ImageImage
ImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 pm

So are you going to post them now...?

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:37 pm

fullmetalcan wrote:Hello, I'm speaking on behalf of the I-con Anime staff. We are having our convention on March 29th and we don't have a single submission for our AMV/FMV contest.

We're a very small con but we always have a good turn up for people who want to watch the AMVs, but never enough contestants.

You don't have to attend to enter. Just go to our site http://iconsf.org/activities/anime.php and submit! The due date says March 2nd on the form, but we are extending it to the 12th.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)
I'm surprised even Jesmaster didn't enter this. I guess he's not active anymore.
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”