The Lip Flapper: Main Thread

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper: Main Thread

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:51 am

The_TEKnician wrote:
gote wrote:^could you elaborate on those? i mentioned studios being a panel, so i'm interested, but some of those lines i don't quite understand.
Basically, questions directed towards people currently in studios (or, "The Affirmative") would be like :

What is the meaning behind your studio name?
When/why/how did you start your studio?
How many members do you have/want (if any)?
Does your studio have any kind of goal(s) or rules?
[How] Do you communicate to your members?
What are some benefits of having members?

And people NOT in studios can answer from "The Negative" standpoint:

Why do you refrain from naming your production/studio?
How do you view having a name for your production?
Do you prefer working alone? Why?
What are the benefits of working alone?
Thus, do you have any thoughts about MEPs?
I like this. :up:

Also, if you've pm'ed me about the convention panel, I will shoot your interview questions to you later this afternoon. I'm actually surprised at the level of interest! Should make for a great panel!

EDIT: Also, if you want to keep up with the Lip Flapper, I decided to convert my unused twitter account into the main one for the lip flapper. Don't worry, it will exclusively be about lip flapping, and not so much about anything that isn't a-m-v.org related.

The Lip Flapper On Twitter

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:10 am

how about a panel involving coders about difficulties or complications or just general details of coding for the Org, and a panel of moderators going in depth (if they can) about the present state and future of the Org. maybe have a few questions for that panel.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 am

gote wrote:how about a panel involving coders about difficulties or complications or just general details of coding for the Org,
This will likely be touched upon in Kariudo's interview. Not totally coding-focused per se, but it will be talked about to some degree.
and a panel of moderators going in depth (if they can) about the present state and future of the Org. maybe have a few questions for that panel.
Hmmmmm.... Care to elaborate a little more on this? I would think that would be a question for the administration, and even probably not wanted information to be made public. But a mod panel (for a different reason) does sound appealing to me. I'll put it on the backburner and see where it takes me.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:25 pm

I've decided to try a different type of editoral panel. Instead of comments related features, I thought an anon-feature poll might make for interesting discussion.

Do if you'd like to assist me, please answer the following survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3XDMGPS

This will stay open for a while until I can get enough data for some fancy graphs, but if you don't mind, PLEASE share it with anyone that you know that edits in the hobby.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:46 pm

that survey's stats will be skewed if we share with a ton of people outside this community. I think 99% of youtube uses fansubs, so i'm afraid any sharing of that survey outside of this community will just skew the results in favor of fansubs. you could do one for the Org and one for youtube maybe.

also, the mod panel, if they can't say things, then that'd be fine, but if they're allowed to talk about stuff then having more than just a few opinions would give more clarity on the state of the Org as told by more than just one person every now and then. also...how is something on a backburner gonna take you anywhere...? :? just an idea i was throwing out there though, figured it wouldn't happen, just throwin it out there.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 am

There's an issue with the download only option. What about people who download BR/DVD rips (aka not fansubs)? Either the fansub line should be removed, or there should be a separate option for "I download high quality versions".
Image Image

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:38 am

as i recall when I Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>, under the Options for Video Sources section:

:book:
DVDs - Plentiful, accessible, good quality and very useable. If you have an option to work from a DVD source then by all means do. Just make sure to buy legit DVDs and not bootlegs, because bootlegs look like crap. If your DVDs are in PAL format (mostly from Europe and Australia), then they probably look like crap. Try to get DVDs from North America if possible. If you are uncertain about the legality of an online stores's dvds, ask on the forums or read through the Pirate Anime FAQ to see if it's a bootleg or not. If it looks too good to be true (region 0, cheap, entire series crammed onto a small number of discs) then it's probably a bootleg and shouldn't be bought. To use DVDs as your video source, just check out the:

DVD Ripping Guide - Aside from Blu-ray, this is usually your best option if you want your amv to look nice.
Blu-Ray - If you have access to Blu-rays, it is definitely your best option. Nice, high-definition footage, square pixels, and it's usually progressive! Blu-ray guide.

Game footage - If you need to rip footage from a game, it can sometimes be rather complex because the video files can usually be pretty difficult to get at and convert to something usable. You will usually need specialized tools for it. Look in the forums for some individual guides on how to rip footage from certain platforms. Also check out the Various Media Formats Guide below, as it might be of some use. If all else fails, you can always just do it oldschool with a video capture card. This wont be as pretty as ripping the footage though.
Downloaded footage - No. I don't care what anyone says about the current quality of fansubs or anything like that, downloaded footage is almost always second grade. They've done a great job cleaning up the footage but even then it's often riddled with chroma noise from TV captures and so on. Many digisubs suffer from poor quality fades, blocking on gradients and all sorts of other issues you are not going to get on a DVD. If there happens to be some footage that you've downloaded that you really can't find officially (like, for instance, something which was never released on DVD) then it might be alright to use this method. If you just want to make an AMV to a brand new show which isn't available on DVD yet, you might want to just wait on it, as it usually doesn't take all THAT long for the DVDs to come out.

Various Media Formats Guide - You have some files on your computer you need to get video from, AVI, MPG, MP4, MKV, something along those lines. See how to use it here.

YouTube - Just stab yourself in the face.
:dino:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:05 pm

In that one other thread about DBZ nerds I wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:If AMV reviews would be something ya'll are interested in, I'd be happy to add that as a Friday-like thing for Lip Flapper. Kind of like a bonus thing to round out the week.

EDIT: Oh what the hell, I'll give it a shot. |:>
OH, HEY! I GOT AN IDEA FOR YA:
Spoiler :
This week on The Lip Flapper

THE MAKING OF...

Its that time of the week, folks! And what a week it has been! So many good AMVs to look at, it was tough to choose only one. But fret not...its still gonna be one you'll remember for the weeks to come. I sat down on my furry reclining-chair with a bucket of popcorn and gummy bears today and began indulging into yet another creative work by our dear friend, Bob. And after seeing it for the first time, I knew I had to review this one. So grab your furries and sweets and take a look at this weeks highlight:
Video: NAME HERE
Category: Fun
Anime: Various
Song: Something Good
Artist: That Guy From That One Band
Creator: Bob

(Insert review/interview here)
What was you inspiration for this?
What was your initial concept?
How much time did it take?
What methods did you use?
Why did you choose to crop a fish head over that turkey?
Was that a Titanic reference I saw?
Who is this "Justin Bieber" person?
What does some of this imagery mean?
Since the "LF" is mostly comprised of interviews anyways, why not mix em up? This way, you may actually have a valid reason to re-interview some people. |:>

:up: ?
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 am

CodeZTM wrote:Scheduled/Confirmed (Future) Interviews:

MiMs (Foreign AMVs & a-m-v.org Contests) - ????
Lol, I like the "???"
Just make it whenever you want, I'm currently available

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:23 pm

this just came to me after reading one of nya's posts in that RU Comix argument.

how about a panel on generalizations of each of the major AMV races. Like americans, russians, french, italian (i think) and others that i know i'm missing.

and i'm not saying an annoying panel about how they're untrue, i mean like each races perceptions of the other races and themselves as opposed to those other races. I know there's a bit of russian hate everytime akross rolls around because they apparently don't like raw videos, and then what nya said about france piqued my curiosity about more than just Org vs Akross. Kept completely civil of course, i wouldn't wanna see any flat out racism or anything just musing on the communities' unique standards and styles as far as editing goes. how about races + tube, since i know a russian akross editor is probably way different than a russian tube editor, so let's count youtube as a race too and get like a really really popular and polished and dedicated youtube editor who's style and videos are completely opposite of the Org AND akross and uniquely tube. Maybe different styles from youtube that are still uniquely youtube along with the other races.

i'm rambling, just take the first sentence and run with it if it sounds good.

Return to “General AMV”