The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Results All Up in Here

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules Pre-Release

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:21 pm

irriadin wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:For reference, though, otakon is like the only contest share does this (to that degree).
AnimeNext won't let even runners-up submit. At least, that's what they did last year.
Do they follow every other contest and DQ you after you already submitted? I was under the impression every other contest with a trolling clause was a "this is understood to be true at the time of submission" style thing, which is less hostile to smaller cons.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:30 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
irriadin wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:For reference, though, otakon is like the only contest share does this (to that degree).
AnimeNext won't let even runners-up submit. At least, that's what they did last year.
Do they follow every other contest and DQ you after you already submitted? I was under the impression every other contest with a trolling clause was a "this is understood to be true at the time of submission" style thing, which is less hostile to smaller cons.
According to last year's rules, it was indeed "at time of submission", as with most other cons that have such rules.

But what I really wanted to post to say is that we're getting rid of that rule this year (you can thank my fellow staffers for that). We will still have an age restriction (nothing from before May 2011), but no award restrictions.

More on this when we get the rules finalized and the AnimeNEXT contest thread started, as I don't want to completely derail this one.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:12 pm

To stay somewhat on topic, I want to point out that Scintilla is talking about Anime Next, NOT Otakon. Otakon's anti-trolling rule is based on the submission deadline, not when we actually receive the submission. I just want to be clear to anyone casually stumbling around in this thread.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 am

Hoping to attend Otakon for the first time this year, and definitely submitting an AMV!
I do have one question though (and this is a bit of a miscommunication on my part) but are we allowed to enter one video into more than one category? In the rules there it says 1 video/entrant, but I think I heard that its possible to submit, for example, a video into Romance and another video into Trailer/Parody?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 am

EkaCoralian wrote:Hoping to attend Otakon for the first time this year, and definitely submitting an AMV!
I do have one question though (and this is a bit of a miscommunication on my part) but are we allowed to enter one video into more than one category? In the rules there it says 1 video/entrant, but I think I heard that its possible to submit, for example, a video into Romance and another video into Trailer/Parody?
No, it's one video total per person.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:52 am

Gotcha; thanks!

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:32 am

EkaCoralian wrote:Hoping to attend Otakon for the first time this year, and definitely submitting an AMV!
It is 1 video per person. The only exception is if you submit a solo project, and also have a collaborative credit on a group video, it usually is allowed, provided that the group video's main contact doesn't have a solo project, and I don't see the same name suspiciously show up on 30 different "projects".
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Haha I am so ready for this year. Already know what I am doing...and it's (hopefully) gonna be totally hilarious and totally epic.
ImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I'm already DQ'ed, so that should give people more of a chance. :P :dino:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I'm already DQ'ed, so that should give people more of a chance. :P :dino:

Return to “AMV Contests”