I can't download, why?

Yume_Souzou_13
Org Profile

I can't download, why?

Post by Yume_Souzou_13 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 pm

I keep trying to download from the Local and everytime I do that it always comes up to the, "The download should have automatically started by now. If it did not, click here." Everytime I click "here" it comes to the same page over again. I thought it might have been because my account wasn't activated (which I didn't realize until a little after this), so I went and activated it, and it's still doing this. I have no clue what's wrong.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm using Firefox 10 and to my knowledge my programs all are up to date.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: I can't download, why?

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Any popup blockers running?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Yume_Souzou_13
Org Profile

Post by Yume_Souzou_13 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Yeah I do and just found out it was the add-on Adblock Plus. Apparently the Fanboy's List thinks the page that asks you if you want to donate or not is a bad page -_-u I switched to the EasyList and that one allows that page to go through, so then I can download the video.

Thanks BasharOfTheAges, I appreciate it! ^_^

Dusk252
Org Profile

Post by Dusk252 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:22 pm

I have the same problem, yet no pop-up blockers here. I deactivated both ad-block plus (using Firefox, by the way) and all the Norton browsing options and still can't manage to download anything. The thing is, a couple of months ago it used to work just fine (with ad-block plus and Norton safe search). Now all that shows up is a blank page with "Download Local" written on top and then the sentence "The download should have automatically started by now. If it did not, click here." appears after a couple of seconds. Of course the only thing I get from clicking it is a page refresh and more of the same. I'd like some help on getting those back, because ever since it stopped working, the one thing I do is trying to find the person on youtube whenever I want to download a video.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”