Black Rock Shooter

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Black Rock Shooter

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:47 pm

ANN wrote:In spring, two girls meet: Mado and Yomi. They each sense something in the other that they lack in themselves, and are drawn to each other in spite of their contrasting personalities. Though initially hesitant, they form a strong connection. But they both have secrets - and in an empty world, two girls fight: Black Rock Shooter and Deadmaster. A strange being, Black Rock Saw, watches their mysterious battle, laughing. This is the story of two girls, in two worlds, entangled by the threads of fate.
Note: This show is scheduled to begin airing on the 3rd of February, in the noitaminA slot that is currently occupied by THERMÆ ROMÆ. Once that show finishes airing, this one will take its place starting the following week.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: Black Rock Shooter

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:31 am

Sooo anyone else watching this?

Apparently it's an AU from the OVA...I don't see why they didn't just continue from where the OVA ended considering how..strangely it ended but...ok.
Spoiler :
And my goodness, BRS got the living crap beat out of her. More that in the freaking OVA alone.
Not entirely sure how I feel about the series yet but...it's BRS, so Ill have to see it all the way through.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 am

yeah, the first episode didn't disappoint at all. I also like that the story progression is exactly like the OVA.

Oh and, that little girl is crazy a f@#$. How in the world does a kid in a wheelchair get to be THAT intimidating.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 am

Gosh that was simultaneously a really good and really bad ep.
Spoiler :
Bad: Mato and Yomi's drama was just silly...with Mato pretty much having love at first sight for Yomi, waiting all day for her because...because. Then she flips out at Yomi as she couldn't stand up to Kagari, even though getting strange-colored macarons from Kagari alone brought Mato to tears. And the drama about Yomi's name and 'we're supposed to see other worlds'...what 12 year old says that?

Good: I found Kagari very interesting, though I seem to be in the minority. Throwing herself down a flight of stairs just to keep Yomi home? Pretty crazy stuff [Despite her lack of much injury]. Loved her freak out at the end as well. <3

Good: The fight scenes were wonderful! very eye pleasing, and the CG seems to blend pretty well. The end of the fight had quite the twist that Im pretty excited to see the results of.

Bad: Macaron gun? How can I possibly take that seriously?...
Niconico's comments were pretty amusing for this ep though~

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:55 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Gosh that was simultaneously a really good and really bad ep.
Spoiler :
Bad: Mato and Yomi's drama was just silly...with Mato pretty much having love at first sight for Yomi, waiting all day for her because...because. Then she flips out at Yomi as she couldn't stand up to Kagari, even though getting strange-colored macarons from Kagari alone brought Mato to tears. And the drama about Yomi's name and 'we're supposed to see other worlds'...what 12 year old says that?

Good: I found Kagari very interesting, though I seem to be in the minority. Throwing herself down a flight of stairs just to keep Yomi home? Pretty crazy stuff [Despite her lack of much injury]. Loved her freak out at the end as well. <3

Good: The fight scenes were wonderful! very eye pleasing, and the CG seems to blend pretty well. The end of the fight had quite the twist that Im pretty excited to see the results of.

Bad: Macaron gun? How can I possibly take that seriously?...
Niconico's comments were pretty amusing for this ep though~
yeah, ep 2 awesome, but it kinda was all over the place. That super gatling gun towards the end was insane though. I'm loving this series so far.
Spoiler :
I really thought that kagari died in the end for some reason. Something strange definitely happened. And I was so happy to see Black Gold Saw. I hope that they finally explain her purpose and how she's related to Dead Monster.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:30 am

WHAT IS HAPPENING! OMG I'm so confused and excited at the same time! I'm absolutely loving this show.
Spoiler :
Oh and, I wonder if that nurse was the cause of the events in the OVA as well. She definitely seems like the most likely villain right now.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:49 pm

This show's Other World segments sure are more violent than the OVA. I have no idea why BRS is going around
Spoiler :
chopping off people's heads
, I winder how they will go about explaining that. Was a little disappointed that we didn't get much of BRS this week since we...kinda get little of her in this show. But looks like next week should make up for that. Still wish they hadn't made Deadmaster look so lame in this series though.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Opinions on this show as a whole have been crazy varied, but I've been enjoying it a lot so far. This ep left me with so many questions, it's pretty addicting. And everyone keeps getting more and more crazy~

And looks like we should get way more of the Other World next ep! Woo!

MetamorphosisStudios
Org Profile

Black Rock Shooter

Post by MetamorphosisStudios » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm

This show really disappointed me...

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 am

Episode 5 was really great... It isn't just a plain BRS ova with more characters :awesome:
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”