AMV Spotlight

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: AMV Spotlight

Post by Mol » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Kariudo wrote:Yes, the spotlight works on star ratings, not op scores.

I just used the top 10% as a quick and dirty measure to gauge what videos would likely be in the spotlight pool.
Cool. Is it possible to mix both star ratings with top10%? i think it would give us variety that we need at least to some point. :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Milk Or Life! wrote:

I just used the top 10% as a quick and dirty measure to gauge what videos would likely be in the spotlight pool.
Cool. Is it possible to mix both star ratings with top10%? i think it would give us variety that we need at least to some point. :dino:
It's possible since they're both just numbers, but I don't know if it would really do much for us. Keeping the decision to just weekly star ratings is simpler, and includes vids that are lacking in opinions (which are extremely hard to get compared to stars)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:58 am

I had mentioned the cyclic nature of this to some people about a week or so ago... It's boils down to the fact that the star-giving is so low, the only videos that get on that list are the ones artificially promoted by the list.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:00 am

Kariudo wrote:
Milk Or Life! wrote:

It's possible since they're both just numbers, but I don't know if it would really do much for us. Keeping the decision to just weekly star ratings is simpler, and includes vids that are lacking in opinions (which are extremely hard to get compared to stars)
Mhm, what about promoting free ops threads somewhere? (kinda offtop :uhoh: )
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”