Anime Central 2012

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Anime Central 2012

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:57 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote: If your really are serious about trying to bring back AMVs for the benefit of the fans, let me know and I'll see what I can done about some recommended play lists

Vlad
I second this suggestion. If you're not gonna run a contest, I highly recommend you get some of Vlad's playlists for AMV screening - will at least make sure that the audience gets a good mix of AMVs in and hopefully will themselves come back asking for more AMV programming.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:18 pm

JoshMedin wrote:Hey, I'd like to do a better job.

This all got dropped in my lap a few days ago, and I'd like to do what I can to make things better. That's why I'm asking-- what can I do?

And "the people who run the con" does include, y'know, me. It's just that until now, I've only run the video rooms.
I don't think anyone would deny that you want to do a good job but there were people who were trying to do the best they could every year but kept getting the the short end of the stick until last year when they had enough.

If I were you I would not even think about doing a contest. The contest got screwed for a reason so I wouldn't bother. I would talk to Vlad and just show AMVs. It's easier to do and it's more for the benefit of the fans then for those of us that actually make the videos.

JoshMedin
Org Profile

Post by JoshMedin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Alas, no multi-quote button!

Yeah, I agree that this situation is not good, and could be better. Vlad, I desperately need your help, so yes, please give me whatever playlists you can.

I'll take your advice and not do a contest, which is much simpler-- this is crunch time for the other work I have to do, and that's one less thing.

Next year, I'm very likely to be doing this again, and that's when I'll have enough time to fight to make AMVs bigger, better, and better handled. I should also have the time and budget to do something good.

Thank you very much for the positive suggestions-- I'm having to learn how to do this as I go, and I want to do the best job that I can.
Come out and see us at Anime Central!
Email: videoprogramming-departmenthead@acen.org

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:06 pm

JoshMedin wrote:Alas, no multi-quote button!

Yeah, I agree that this situation is not good, and could be better. Vlad, I desperately need your help, so yes, please give me whatever playlists you can.

I'll take your advice and not do a contest, which is much simpler-- this is crunch time for the other work I have to do, and that's one less thing.

Next year, I'm very likely to be doing this again, and that's when I'll have enough time to fight to make AMVs bigger, better, and better handled. I should also have the time and budget to do something good.

Thank you very much for the positive suggestions-- I'm having to learn how to do this as I go, and I want to do the best job that I can.
drop me a PM and we can talk more... I run a LOT of AMV rooms so I can give you all sorts of lists and hence if you get me parameters of how much time, what you'd like and for when I can probably work out something then for you

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:25 pm

I don't remember myself or SailorDeath ever having made ourselves and the ACEN archives completely inaccessible to whoever was taking over the position from us. The two of us should be available, and at the very least I know I am, in order to provide content from past ACEN competitions for showings and what not. You can PM me as well for getting access to the last few years worth of videos.
ImageImageImageImage

AthrunZalaZAFT
Org Profile

Post by AthrunZalaZAFT » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi, I contacted you via email earlier. This is Ryo from Hellsing AMV Studios. If you need any help I'll try my best but if I am accepted by IRT I prob can't help on the day of Con. Maybe Next year.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to say take it easy on Josh, He was one of the few people I really could count on to be there immediately when I needed assistance. And I've also been in contact with josh and other higher-ups at acen about getting them a copy of all the amvs we've accumulated so they can still put on a show.

I really don't want to get into the specifics as to why I left acen. I'll leave it at this though, 2011 was the first year I didn't have any fun while running the amv department. When you're no longer enjoying yourself, it's time to move on.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Return to “Anime Conventions”