Finals General Discussion

gotegenks
Org Profile

Re: Finals General Discussion

Post by gotegenks » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:52 am

Its not, but I think there is a difference when it comes to.

I think that Shin/Ileia both make lots of great videos and deserve to be recognized for that, or any other editor who makes great videos.

But I personally think that Viewer's Choice just goes a long with names people see, regardless of whether the editor is great or not. Whether there are other great videos in the category. It still does shadow it no matter, and that's my personal opinion. Which is why I like the JCA option. =3
+1

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Chained(E)Studio wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:But I personally think that Viewer's Choice just goes a long with names people see, regardless of whether the editor is great or not. Whether there are other great videos in the category. It still does shadow it no matter
I know I said this before but that's kind of why I find the VCAs to be more of a political game/popularity contest than an actual editor's contest. Anyway. . . go JCAs |:>

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Perhaps allowing one entry per category per editor would be a good compromise.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Shin = VCAs 2012

Spoiler :
question, why is it called VCAs 2012 when it's for videos made in 2011?

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 pm

irriadin wrote:Perhaps allowing one entry per category per editor would be a good compromise.
I don't think I could accept that as a compromise. I've had similar issues at Youmacon the past few years and I just can't bring myself to limiting something like that. First off, how do we determine WHICH video done by an editor is better then the other?

I've never had an issue with an editor having multiple videos in a category or winning multiple awards. If someone hit it out of the park just that well overall then why not award them for that?

I've never been one to say that a video that wins the VCAs doesn't deserve to. I just have my own opinions on which videos I would be rooting for in each category. Sometimes my picks line up, sometimes they don't. But this is the Viewer's Choice Awards, not the Nate's Choice Awards, so it's all good with me.
ImageImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:I'm bummed by the fact that Dead Moon Masquerade didn't make the finals anywhere. :(
this, and .

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Shin-AMV wrote: I guess this would also be a good place to give shout outs to other AMVs/editors that missed the VCAs because they didn't upload here. I really wanted to nominate some stuff from Chiikaboom like:
ElectroPenguin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWD7ootQSQU
Imagica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCl1p30KMJA
In my mind, she would have been a solid contender for Editor of the Year too.
It pains me that I can't vote for Freakshow. I usually don't like such effect-heavy videos, but daaang.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zoQIE3E9Yk

Also, x3 for Dead Moon Masquerade. Kinda surprising considering how many categories it was in, but perhaps that was the problem like Shin said?

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Haha yeah, I think a few categories that I have nominations in is largely due to the result of name recogonition like Safety Dance in Most Original (Should be Dead Moon Masquerade there instead) and Fate Matrix in Made you Watch the Anime/character profile. I'm just glad that Safety Dance was the only video that made best lip sync finals, cause it would have been silly to have something like Mahou Shoujo Requiem, Kitty Cat, and Fate Matrix be there in the finals. :P
Rider4Z wrote:question, why is it called VCAs 2012 when it's for videos made in 2011?
I think its mainly because the event is held in 2012, but I'm not 100% sure if thats the reason though.
CodeZTM wrote: Are there videos that I would have preferred be in some places? Naturally. I'm kind of sad that Selfless Regret didn't make it in anywhere, because I really thought it was a quality piece. But that's how the cookie crumbles I guess. But I am happy that Disney MEP II got in. (albeit, Empty Mosiac is still my main choice in this category).

Oh, and DISCO HEAVEN FTW. :up:
I dug selfless regret, should have been a contender.

Before I saw the majority of the MEPs I was pretty set on Empty Mosaic as my MEP choice but then I saw the others and I have to say I found RU.Comix 2 pretty hilarious that its really a toss up between those two for me. Sometimes I lean towards the disney mep, but I find the the difference in quality between the highest and lowest videos in the Disney MEP to be greater in comparison to some of the other MEPs that it pulls down the overall ranking for me. I enjoyed the Sakura MEP and Sol Levante as well, but Empty Mosaic and RU.Comix to me are very well coordinated and put together. EM has a really coherent and coordinated theme throughout while RU.Comix is just surprisingly hilarious even if you aren't hopped up on vodka and borscht ;)

Also, Disco Heaven FTW. Safety Dance is in a bunch of other places and that Judge Holden guy deserves a VCA. :bear:
Last edited by Shin-AMV on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Before I saw the majority of the MEPs I was pretty set on Empty MosIAc as my MEP choice but then I saw the others and I have to say I found RU.Comix 2 pretty hilarious that its really a toss up between those two for me. Sometimes I lean towards the disney mep, but I find the the difference in quality between the highest and lowest videos in the Disney MEP to be greater in comparison to some of the other MEPs that it pulls down the overall ranking for me. I enjoyed the Sakura MEP and Sol Levante as well, but Empty MosIAc and RU.Comix to me are very well coordinated and put together. EM has a really coherent and coordinated theme throughout while RU.Comix is just surprisingly hilarious even if you aren't hopped up on vodka and borscht ;):
Reading twice the same mistake I was wondering if I made one myself registering the MEP in the catalog but no... Shin, you're not able to write Mosaic correctly :rofl:

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:58 pm

MimS wrote: Reading twice the same mistake I was wondering if I made one myself registering the MEP in the catalog but no... Shin, you're not able to write Mosaic correctly :rofl:
O: Derp. English being my first langauge and I'm the one making a mistake. lol. Well played, sir. Well played. :rofl:

Return to “2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”