Why...........

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
shiromeniirukanjou
Org Profile

Why...........

Post by shiromeniirukanjou » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello~
I ripped the first disc of the (pretty sure not bootleg) FullMetal Alchemist DVDs I just re-bought, and I'm trying to make a DGIndex project out of the ripped video. Unfortunately when I go to the folder it's in, this box with a red 'x' pops up that says:

"Assertion failed!

Program: C:\ProgramFiles\DGMPG.dec\DGIndex.exe
File: E:\tools\boost_1_31_0\boost/shared_ptr.hpp
Line: 254

Expression: px != 0

For more information on how your program can cause assertion failure, please see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)"

I pressed the Retry, Abort and Ignore buttons and all of them just closed the application entirely - it wouldn't even stay long enough for me to grab a screenshot of it -_-u I also just rebooted my computer and tried it with the same results...I don't know. ^^u
Please help?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Why...........

Post by LantisEscudo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Googling around, this looks like a spyware/malware problem. I'd say scan your system for virus and malware, then try again.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:02 am

http://hank315.nl/files/DGdecode/dgmpgdec158_SSE.zip

You might also want to give this build of dgmpgdec a try.

shiromeniirukanjou
Org Profile

Post by shiromeniirukanjou » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 am

Oki....cool, thank you both much. ^_^

I see there are many different files in that zip folder; should I install them all? Or are there only some specific ones that are necessary? And I suppose I should de-install the DGIndex that I already have, too?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:59 am

DGIndex isn't quite exactly installed, it's just directly an executable, so you don't have to "uninstall" it, just overwrite with the newer files. So, first you'll want to overwrite all the files in your current dgindex folder with the ones in the zip, then you want to overwrite the dgdecode.dll in your avisynth plugins folder with the one in the package.

Return to “AviSynth Help”