Elevated Existence Interest Gauge

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
lloyd9988
Org Profile

Elevated Existence Interest Gauge

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Just curious how many people are interested in this track and whether they're willing to do an MEP segment for this track. Tracks are still adjustable so I'm willing to take advice from anyone on what I should change when working with this track if the advice is good, of course. FYI, I'm not willing to add songs considering how fraken long this song already is.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/esx8m7

Ok, so posting the rules now. :P

Ok, so this will be my first hosted MEP (Holy **** I'm nervous). Its going to be basic rules and nothing amazingly special. Follow the inside rules and we should be peachy.

** First off, list your anime source that you'll be using. If your going to use multiple anime sources, then call it "Multi" and send me a PM of the sources that you plan on using. Preferably, I would wish for you guys to use anime sources that was used in the year 2006 or later. However, since this is going to be my first coordinated MEP, I'm going to be lenient and say use what will suit your needs. Just make sure it looks good ;)

** Second, You must send betas out to all your other editors. If you have a favorite editor that you like to specialize for beta testing, then your allowed to use that person as well. Remember, Beta testing is meant for constructive criticism. It is NOT, by all means, meant to flame a person's video. With that said, beta testing is NOT meant for simply praising a person's segment. Constructive criticism is meant so that editors can take the advice given to them, both good and bad, and use it to their advantage to make their parts better. Likewise, if an editor doesn't feel like the constructive criticism is necessary then they don't have to use it. With that said, be observant to the MEP and your part, if an outside opinion is saying something, don't continually brush it off. If you continually brush off every editor's constructive criticism, then I'm kicking you out, regardless of the amount of work done.

~ Sorry I'm being a hard-*** on the subject but I'm just saying what'll help us improve. We're all in it to make this MEP awesome so lets do our best to make it work ;) ~

~On to the deadlines for the Betas~

Beta deadlines shall be as follows and shall be color-coated as follows:

~In progress~
~Beta #1 Turned in~
~Beta #2 Turned in~
~Beta #3 Turned in~
~Final Turned in~

Deadlines I shall be lenient on as well due to the fact that this is my first MEP. At the very least, I do wish, if possible, to see a beta in two-three weeks. The beta doesn't have to be finished, I just want to see whether your working on it or not. :3

** Next matter is the matter of resolution, frame rate, pixel AR and container of the betas. xD (Gah, why is there so much to go over!)

The resolution for the final should be: 848 x 480. Something simple I think we can all work with. For the betas, I'm not to worried about, just as long as the final can be resized into 848 x 480. We probably won't worry about it until the final, but, if it can be resized early on, then do it. The earlier you fix it, the better off you'll be in the long run.

Frame rate: The common frame rate for the MEP shall be 23.976. Make SURE the frame rate of your footage matches the frame rate of both your beta and the workspace you are working in. I know this sounds like a hassle(I am not a big fan of this either), but the Frame Rate must match otherwise you'll get a very unclean and unsmooth footage and beta. I don't think anyone wants that. ;)

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Keep it at 1.0000

Containers: For the Beta Version, doesn't matter much just as long as its not too large.

*** I'd recommend Zarx for window's users and H.264 for Mac users. ***

Make sure the finals are at a lossless codec so none of the segments lose any of their quality during the final production.

**** If any of this confuses you, ASK ME. I may be a mac users but I will try my best to find an answer to your dilemma. ****

Last, but not least, we have our deadlines! These deadlines will be flexible. . . Please don't take advantage of that fact. :D

~Beta #1: Due Feb. 26~
~Beta #2: Due March 11~
~Beta #3: Due March 25~
*** Take a week off :D ***
~Final: Due April 8th~

~If you get your final done early, and you wish to move on to a new track, then, by all means, claim a new track.~ :)

Now, on to the part everyone's been waiting for, The Segments! :D

~Segment 1~
Editor:
Anime:
Time: 00:00 - 00:44
Link:

~Segment 2~
Editor:
Anime:
Time: 00:44 - 01:12
Link:

~Segment 3~
Editor:
Anime:
Time: 01:12 - 01:54
Link:

~Segment 4~
Editor:
Anime:
Time: 1:54 - 2:35
Link:

~Currently editing the audio at the moment~

Also, there's two threads of this MEP. One here and one at Justdubs.net since this is meant for both the newbie editors as well as the experienced editors. Here is ze link if your interested: :P

http://www.justdubsforums.com/showthrea ... post439868

Holding off on tracks due to audio problems
Last edited by lloyd9988 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 14 times in total.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Elevated Existence Interest Gauge

Post by AimoAio » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Sounds pretty nice. :up: Glad I managed to recognize most of them. :awesome: But I'd like to know track lengths and rules and such before signing up. :3

Edit: Not sure I'm a fan of that....talking at the beginning. :uhoh: Granted I don't know half of what he's saying. XD But the sounds effects are quite nice, if the editor for that track is able to sync them right I think it'd look pretty awesome.

As for transitions I think most of them are quite well done. I don't like the one between Shotgun Senorita and whatever the next one is at 2:42 because Shotgun Senorita has this nice buildup section then it kinda...falls flat afterwards at the good part. D:

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:33 pm

AimoAio wrote:Sounds pretty nice. :up: Glad I managed to recognize most of them. :awesome: But I'd like to know track lengths and rules and such before signing up. :3

Edit: Not sure I'm a fan of that....talking at the beginning. :uhoh: Granted I don't know half of what he's saying. XD But the sounds effects are quite nice, if the editor for that track is able to sync them right I think it'd look pretty awesome.

As for transitions I think most of them are quite well done. I don't like the one between Shotgun Senorita and whatever the next one is at 2:42 because Shotgun Senorita has this nice buildup section then it kinda...falls flat afterwards at the good part. D:
Track lengths are going to be about 45 seconds. Mainly following the audio so each segment will have its own mood. Ok, since I'm fixing up the audio at the moment, I'm going to wait until the audio is completely fixed up and this thread is completely finished before handing out segments.

Currently fixing up the audio so it'll sound perfect. :P

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

Ok, so since I can't make up my fraken mind about which one sounds better, I'mma let you guys help me out in picking the right one and see which one you guys would like to do as an overall MEP.

Choice #1:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4iq3wu

Choice #2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6l88x9

*** If you believe there to be a problem with either one or both, let me know. Also, just tell me which one you'd favor more ***

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”