The Semifinal "Oops" Thread

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: The Semifinal "Oops" Thread

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Hmm...Im a little confused on how the nominations work?

Looking at the Lip Sync thread...there are quite a few videos that didn't even get nominated in there. Like...14 if I counted correctly. I know that the Lip Sync nominations were pretty sparse, but there are about 7 videos that got 1-2 nominations that didn't make it into Round 2. For the most part those new 14 videos fit but...I love 'Im a Kitty Cat' to death but Sakamoto doesn't even have a mouth. I've seen a couple of cases in other categories where a video got to round 2 over a video with more nominations.

So can someone clear this up for me? I assumed the only factor of getting to round 2 was number of nominations, but it seems like that isn't the case. Did I miss something?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:Hmm...Im a little confused on how the nominations work?

Looking at the Lip Sync thread...there are quite a few videos that didn't even get nominated in there. Like...14 if I counted correctly. I know that the Lip Sync nominations were pretty sparse, but there are about 7 videos that got 1-2 nominations that didn't make it into Round 2. For the most part those new 14 videos fit but...I love 'Im a Kitty Cat' to death but Sakamoto doesn't even have a mouth. I've seen a couple of cases in other categories where a video got to round 2 over a video with more nominations.

So can someone clear this up for me? I assumed the only factor of getting to round 2 was number of nominations, but it seems like that isn't the case. Did I miss something?
Uh.... The threads are just to promote videos you think others should look at when making their choices. People actually voted on the VCA page on the main site, just like this round - the 20 with the most votes made it into the semis.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:49 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:For the most part those new 14 videos fit but...I love 'Im a Kitty Cat' to death but Sakamoto doesn't even have a mouth.
Since when is a mouth required for lip sync?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:26 am

Huh, I just noticed - my Japanese People Flacking is in best no effects. I'm not entirely convinced it should be there - it has A LOT of masking that was required for lipsynch... :sweat:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Kosmit wrote:Huh, I just noticed - my Japanese People Flacking is in best no effects. I'm not entirely convinced it should be there - it has A LOT of masking that was required for lipsynch... :sweat:
masking out mouths shouldn't be considered an effect as long as there isn't any rotoscoping.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:28 pm

kireblue wrote:
Kosmit wrote:Huh, I just noticed - my Japanese People Flacking is in best no effects. I'm not entirely convinced it should be there - it has A LOT of masking that was required for lipsynch... :sweat:
masking out mouths shouldn't be considered an effect as long as there isn't any rotoscoping.
That one is iffy, but aside from that there are tons of text effects...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:54 am

Now that we are in the finals, we're going to close out this thread.

Thank you to everyone for your feedback. :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”