So bloody new...

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
SketchedLilly
Org Profile

So bloody new...

Post by SketchedLilly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:24 am

Hi. I'm hoping that someone will give me a starting point in this whole matter.

I want to splice together music videos. I have CDs of music. I have DVDs of video. They are all copyrighted material that I have no business messing around in, but I have these videos in my head and I crave the chance to make them. I haven't found any freeware that will rip a video off a DVD because of some encoding on it (can't blame them...) so I'm looking for some people to name some reliable programs for such purposes. I'd actually prefer something that I can go buy in a store rather than download. After that, I'll need an editor. The one I managed to get working would only play audio and I had to blindly guess at the visual cuts based on the sound. Imagine how well that worked out...

Someone help so I can stop picturing crap from shows and movies when I listen to my ipod.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: So bloody new...

Post by mirkosp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:59 am

Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>. That's going to explain most of what you need bar the actual editing process. As for the editor, a good starting point is magix. It's quite cheap, but can do amazing things. Couple it with paint.net (a good and free image editor), and you should be able to pull out those ideas of yours after some practice.

Return to “AviSynth Help”