Project OrgEditor [Season 2 Is Looking for Assistants]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project OrgEditor [Season 2 Is Looking for Assistants]

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Like the title says, I'm looking to get all my assistants up and going. OrgEditor is in full on planning mode for our signup debut in May.

Available Positions:

Digital Artist
Judge(s)
Theme Panelist(s)

More information can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kek ... b08Wo/edit

Or if you're lazy, under the spoiler bar:
Spoiler :
OrgEditor is Looking for Assistants!

Project OrgEditor (Season 2) is looking for assistants to help out in several regards. Read below and see if you might fit into one of our categories!

Digital Artist

I am currently looking for a digital artist (you do not necessarily have to draw) to design this year’s OrgEditor logo. This logo will be used for each week’s theme, be a visible signature on the forums and used in advertising the competition. As such, a lot of your work will be required to be completed before May, preferably in March.

Your work will also be featured on the prizes that will be mailed out to the winning contestants. As such, you will also be the designer for these final prizes (Certificates).

If you are interested, please contact me via pm and show me your prior portfolio of work, as well as a small sample of what you want to use as our logo.

Judges

(Please note that being a Project OrgEditor Judge will Bar you from Competition)

I am currently looking for a panel of 5-10 judges that will judge each week’s batch of videos. This is a very serious position, because you will need to rank all videos from best to worst, and be able to also justify (in written form) their placement.

Prior judging experience is a plus, but having extensive AMV history is equally important. Proof that you’ve watched/edited/seen a lot of AMVs in the past is best.

Must have at least 2 years of experience at an AMV-related site to qualify.

To apply, please pm me (CodeZTM) with the following information and the test that is listed below:

Username:
AMV Experience: (Please Describe)
Prior Judging Experience (Y/N, if Yes, explain):

Test:
To test your judging skills, I will ask you to rank the following videos from 1-5 (1 being the worst, 5 being the best), and justify their placements with written comments. Pretend like the theme round was “Create an Unconventional Romance video”.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=178991
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=185637
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=182988
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=185328
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=185349

Theme Panel

Project OrgEditor is looking for 1-2 editors to work alongside myself (CodeZTM) to “test” the themes that I have planned for this year’s competition.

This position will act as a “suggestion/fixes” position. PM/Skype is a must.

Having been a prior contestant is a plus, but being a generally “creative” editor is also a good thing.

(Note: Being on the Theme Panel will bar you from competition)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Season 2 Is Looking for Assistants]

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:20 am

Oh, and because somebody pointed this out to me, if you are unaware what Project OrgEditor IS, here is a link to last year's rules & FAQ.

Granted, a lot on that page is going to change, but a lot of the info in the first few paragraphs is still relevant.

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Now the question is to help out or to compete...
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 pm

In other words, theme panelists will make videos for each round before the contest to find problems? What would that timeframe look like?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Kitsuner wrote:In other words, theme panelists will make videos for each round before the contest to find problems? What would that timeframe look like?
Er, not exactly. I just basically run themes by the panelists and let them play devil's advocate and tell me what's wrong with them. Basically, they just tell me if they're do-able, but a big part of that would actually involve planning an amv, so sort of I guess.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 am

Can I apply for all of these? |:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:22 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:Can I apply for all of these? |:
Naturally. You can apply for multiple, especially since it's not guaranteed that you'll make it into just one.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:24 am

You want someone to shoot down your ideas? I somehow feel uniquely qualified.

In all seriousness, I'd be bad at that - I actually liked the themes that people were the most vocally against last time.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:41 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:You want someone to shoot down your ideas? I somehow feel uniquely qualified.

In all seriousness, I'd be bad at that - I actually liked the themes that people were the most vocally against last time.
Well, it might not be an issue of liking the themes, but more of making sure they're clear and easy to understand before they get to the competitors. For instance, I don't think anyone disliked the initial Round 4 theme, we were mostly confused on what we were even supposed to be doing.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “AMV Contests”