The Lip Flapper : Volume 7 - Bonus

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 7 - Kosmit Interivew + Bonus

Post by Rendakor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:55 am

I'm with gote, I like the panels; while the interviews are cool to read, the panels provide something that's kinda lacking here sometimes: discussion! I feel that putting them in separate threads is a good idea; another suggestion might be to post them on different days (Interview on Monday, Panel on Friday or something). If the issue is that doing both is too much work for you Code, you could just alternate every other week.
Image Image

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:EDIT: should also point out, it's a big disservice to the person being interviewed to combine the interview with an unrelated topic. How many responses in this thread and the last one were actually about the interview and not comments tacked on as an after-thought?
Yes, my inflated ego suffers greatly from this terrible lack of attention to my persona :wink:
In all seriousness though, Bashar is right. The interview and the panels should be in separate topics. Otherwise you get a wall of text like in the first post and responses to only one of the topics. So, room for some easy improvement here. Keep up the good work, Code!

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 pm

OH, and idk if this should go in site feedback or whatever, but how bout we add these to the interviews section of the main site? Either in full or just a link here that looks like the links to the other interviews. A lot of editors i know who know of this site don't even know there's a forum, so this will help get this stuff out to random passersby as well.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Kosmit wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:EDIT: should also point out, it's a big disservice to the person being interviewed to combine the interview with an unrelated topic. How many responses in this thread and the last one were actually about the interview and not comments tacked on as an after-thought?
Yes, my inflated ego suffers greatly from this terrible lack of attention to my persona :wink:
In all seriousness though, Bashar is right. The interview and the panels should be in separate topics. Otherwise you get a wall of text like in the first post and responses to only one of the topics. So, room for some easy improvement here. Keep up the good work, Code!
I'll move this shortly.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 pm

After going back through and reading both panels, I honestly see more of the panelists hating on the org then on youtube actually. Just speaking of my section alone, I didn't specifically say I hated youtube, in fact I use it quite frequently and I do speak highly of it's ease of use. The only real thing I can debate between the two is the fact that Youtube being as well known as it is and having deals with copyright holders in order to stay available, isn't as good of a place for AMVs as the org. You can't debate the fact that while the org does have issues with copyright Youtube has more issues because of how big it is.

Either way, it is an interesting topic and I'm glad there has been some discussion on it. I wouldn't mind doing a podcast on this topic alone, provided I can get a good panel of people on both sides of the fence.
ImageImageImageImage

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:48 pm

You're confused about what we're implying about the opinions of the panelists. From what they're saying everyone seems to think:

youtube = better website
Org = better community

that looks like the general consensus here. They hate the "a-m-v.org's" inability to grow and they hate YouTubers' inability to be mature. Like i said, there's no debate that youtube is at least an amazing publicity tool.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 pm

This subject (Youtube not Kosmit xD) is quickly becoming a dying horse. Kosmit can dispute that point if he wants. I wouldn't mind hearing from Chii but I am a little hesitant about that too as it might be a touchy subject with her and it's really her own thing. Anyway I also think this panel is done.

I mean as far as Lip Flappers is involved.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Alternatively I'd also love if you could dig up Silver_Moon or Sierra Lorna thought they'd never been Youtube ppl they did stop for much the same reason.

Bunch'a drama queens if you ask me :D
If you do not think so... you will DIE

TEKnician
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 7 - Bonus

Post by TEKnician » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 7 - Bonus

Post by -Corsair- » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Very good reads Code.
From personal experience, I actually started on the org, posted up a thread saying "someone point me in the right direction" and got plenty of help.
Within the first day I was learning all about these things I'd never heard of before, such as framerates, aspect ratio, where to get footage, interlacing ,avisynth, Vdub, etc. It was overwhelming, but it was the best foundation I could have ever asked for.

Then I went to Youtube just to share my vids with a larger community, and it began.................

Return to “General AMV”